INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Howdy all,

Chicken newb here. In Bloomington and looking for people who've been there and might have advice on doing it right.

So HI! It's late so I'll get talkative tomorrow. Night all!
Welcome
frow.gif
Mr! I'm not too far from you! Ask away! We have a ton of great folks here that are always willing to help!

My Chickens are soaking wet but they are moving around. I added some more shavings to the coop, is there anything else I can do for them to help them stay kind warm?? Also how would I know if they were to cold?? So happy I have you all to ask these things! :)

Em- Sooooo sorry to hear about your chick, poor little guy! I'm glad he got lots of love from you instead of being at TS. :,(

I am reading all of your posts on here and I am getting more nervous about moving day. My chicks should be moving into the coop by Sunday. Sure hope it dries up outside a bit so I don't chicken out (pun intended).

I hope all of you chickens are okay. Feel bad for all the flooding and wet ground. We are in need of some good ol (dry) spring weather.

I have chicks pecking at another one what do I put on the bloody spot the chick has? I have separated them but she is all alone and is like crying. Driving me crazy. They are only 4 weeks old.

What is that, if you don't mind me asking? I was just planning on getting some gravel to fill that trench so the water can flow out, but my sand won't wash away so much. All that rain flowed away nicely, so my hens at least had firm land to come out of the coop onto. :yesss:

This is a great quick video on DYI. We have one around the front of our house and will be putting in one by the coop. http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=rM-DxY57XBU&desktop_uri=/watch?v=rM-DxY57XBU
Also Google it and you will get a lot of sites.

Hello, Hello fellow Hoosiers,

I am not new to BYC, but just found this thread. I hail from the booming town of Parr ( pop. 200 and that includes cats and chickens), just north of Rensselaer! I am the wife to my saint of a husband who deals with my ideas, mom to 3 active boys ( ages 8, 3, and 2), 2 dogs, 2 fainting goats, a potbellied pig,a turtle, 7 older hatchery hens, one banty rooster, 6 banty TSC 'I have no idea what they are" chicks ( note to self: stop taking the boys to store during chick days), 3 meat birds, and 3 little mallards. I am slowly working on cull out the hatchery stock and purchasing chicks/eggs from a few local breeders. But it is a slow process right now. Hope all of you are surviving this weather!

is there anyone in the Bloomington area who wants/needs a barn vat or two, not a pet cat (altho perhaps one could coach them into being a pet if your a cat whisperer kind and want to spend hours letting them own you)?

I'm not that close but not too far really. If you are willing to drop them off at my place or meet me in Franklin then I could take them. They need to be healthy and able to reproduce though, so one must be a girl. Boys seem to find girl cats so if they are both girls that is fine.

Hi Everybody! Haven't been on here much, wow, what a LOT of action!

Is anyone interested in some free chicks ? i have a buff Orp sitting on a bunch of eggs, once again i've let her sit too long, and the eggs are developing. I think there are 10, the mamas contributing include barred rock, black and blue Ameraucana, a couple mixed color Ameraucanas, maybe the buff Orp, but I doubt it. The daddy is probably the BLRW who watches that house , but could be a Barnevelder or Copper Marans/Ameraucana mix, sneaky things. If so PM me ASAP, and I'll go mark the eggs...otherwise I'll probably pull them out and let the dogs have them. I want to breed Barnevelders and Araucanas this year, I don't have room for a lot of extras.

I'm a couple miles off the 80/90 toll exit 107.

Lynn

Back
Top Bottom