INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

[COLOR=8B4513]I know that everyone couldn't be there-- I was teasing. Phyllis Diller probably used her crazy, colorful clothes and appearance to call attention to herself and be memorable since women had a hard time being accepted into the men's world of comedy during the 1960s. She was also one who helped make cosmetic surgery more acceptable by openly discussing it instead of hiding it as many people used to do. Besides her appearance, she was very talented and funny for her time. And that's your pop culture lesson for this evening. [/COLOR]:p

I knew you were. Thanks for the lesson

I already have a Pearl, and my mothers dog is Minnie, so that won't happen, but this is also the same bird and there is nothing male about her. I think it was the way she was standing and the angle on her comb in the picture. She is very pullety in person. Then again at 8 weeks it's difficult to tell. Her comb is quite small compared to the others. She is also super tiny. She weighs nothing. So she looks more baby than the others. Do you have any thoughts on sex of the other chicks?

She was looking at the fishtank so her stance is kinda tall compared to her usual squat.

Oh it definitely could just be the image...it is always hard to tell but with my own birds I am usually right. Different lines mature differently as well. That particular image just looked especially masculine. I love the boys, so I usually hope for males! The more boys the better chance of getting a superb one to show;-)
As far as the others, I'm not going to hazard a guess....but keep posting pics as they mature!

Ha! Thanks for the compliment. Photoshop does wonders. The chicken get together was toooo far away:) I'm 35. So I do remember phyllis diller and silkies remind me of tribbles or gremlins. I still say "lets tape it" when I want to record a show, and I think this generation of kids need to be spanked and play outside more. HA! ( can you tell Im not a mother.) lol

Okay here is my mug...

A very pretty mug at that!!

Lol. I see them as dust particles.
Thanks! I value your opinion! At this time I have no interest showing but I do want to have nice looking birds. I have no taken a look at the SOP to start breeding towards. Now m going to have to take pics of all my silkies for you to judge! Lol

Always love pictures of silkies! Bring it on!

His comb looks better today. I think I am just going to keep an eye on it and hands off unless it starts to look worse. Thanks for all the advice!

Duelling Mercedes and Jaguar ads:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/....html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000003&ir=Weird+News

Note: No chickens were harmed in the making of these commercials. ;)

I still like the first commercial better. Even if I do love cats.

BAD NEWS: I lost my 10 week old CL pullet last night. I'm not exactly sure what happened. My DH found her this morning and said it looked like she had fallen off the roosting bar. It would not be the first time I had a young chicken die of heart failure. Given the hatch rate and the amount of help I had to provide for her to get out of the shell it is not surprising but it is saddening as I had been really attentive to her.
More bad news, I saw coon tracks out behind our property line. Now I need to get the trap reset and relocated. Thankfully the tracks did not come too close to our property but that will only last for so long.

I still like the first commercial better. Even if I do love cats.

BAD NEWS: I lost my 10 week old CL pullet last night. I'm not exactly sure what happened. My DH found her this morning and said it looked like she had fallen off the roosting bar. It would not be the first time I had a young chicken die of heart failure. Given the hatch rate and the amount of help I had to provide for her to get out of the shell it is not surprising but it is saddening as I had been really attentive to her.
More bad news, I saw coon tracks out behind our property line. Now I need to get the trap reset and relocated. Thankfully the tracks did not come too close to our property but that will only last for so long.
Sorry to hear about losing your pullet. They are hard enough to hatch that we need every one we can get. Hopefully we can get you set up with some good healthy CLs come springtime!

And crossing my fingers the coon was just wandering by and doesn't settle in to stay.

Quote:
Thanks, I would love to get some of your chicks if they hatch well for you, I'm willing to attempt eggs too but a chick is better. At least I have a roo so I can breed him with my EE to keep blue eggs coming once the EE and the CL roo are older.
I've already dug the trap out of the frozen snow pile it was in. Amazingly the 5-6 inches of snow had not set off the trap door.
I'm keeping you in mind for the RIR chicks that hatch too. Right now I'm having trouble getting settable eggs. Most are double yolkers and only come every other day. I need to work on that. I've been decreasing their protein but I guess I need to get it even lower.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom