INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I have 10 hens and a rooster...live just outside of Brownsburg. One Barred Rock, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Black Australorps, 2 Speckled Sussex, 1 Jersey Giant, 1 Buff Brahma, 1 Light Brahma, and a Dark Brahma Roo. They are all now just over a year old and laying like champs (anywhere from 6-10 eggs a day). They all survived the harsh winter we had and I didn't do anything extra for them (half expected to see one frozen to the roost when I opened up the coop in the mornings). They stayed in the coop for several days straight as they absolutely hated the snow. Amazingly hardy birds (which is why I chose these birds in the first place to start my first flock).

I have 10 hens and a rooster...live just outside of Brownsburg. One Barred Rock, 2 Buff Orpingtons, 2 Black Australorps, 2 Speckled Sussex, 1 Jersey Giant, 1 Buff Brahma, 1 Light Brahma, and a Dark Brahma Roo. They are all now just over a year old and laying like champs (anywhere from 6-10 eggs a day). They all survived the harsh winter we had and I didn't do anything extra for them (half expected to see one frozen to the roost when I opened up the coop in the mornings). They stayed in the coop for several days straight as they absolutely hated the snow. Amazingly hardy birds (which is why I chose these birds in the first place to start my first flock).
Welcome to the Indiana BYCer thread!

Wrk they are finally here! Hatched this weekend. 20 out of 27. Not bad for first time I don't think. Not sure those seven were fertile considering I'd never candled before either lol.
I'd post pics but it doesn't give me that option.

Wow my special needs son just started holding his own bottle today to drink from at 16 months and 15 days old!! So excited! !!!

Well, I checked the member list and sent some PMs. Checked the auction thread, too, for the first time. I know there are some folks in Southern Indiana who keep guineas. Do they not hatch in May? I was thinking it was May. Anyway, so far no responses.

Anyone know of Southern Indiana folks who might like to sell me a couple of keets to brood with my bantys next week?
fl.gif

Well, I checked the member list and sent some PMs. Checked the auction thread, too, for the first time. I know there are some folks in Southern Indiana who keep guineas. Do they not hatch in May? I was thinking it was May. Anyway, so far no responses.

Anyone know of Southern Indiana folks who might like to sell me a couple of keets to brood with my bantys next week?  :fl
chexk on ebay for seller trey22250 . He is from corydon and selks guinea eggs on ebay. Might contact him and see if he ever has keets available!

Back
Top Bottom