INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

So for $50 at Lowes I can get a battery reciprocating saw. Any recommendation on brand. The $50 ones include Skil kobalt black and decker. Or for $13 more I can get a 20 volt kobalt. So many choices!

You don't need the 20v. 12 or 18 will be plenty. Out of those three, I'd buy the black&decker.

All are great reliable brands.

True enough! I've got a bias toward B&D, due to good personal experience. Hitachi is my other favorite; they're bulletproof.

You should collect something, it is a funny hobby. I also collect old rare money. My collecting hobbies don't get nearly as much funds or attention as my chicken hobby though. It is more important

I collect coins too! My best ones are a 1919 penny and a '29 (I think) liberty dollar.

My favorite hammer is my 3.5lb hand-sledge. I call her Vera. :-D

OK thanks guys. One more work day then I can get to work on the coop.

Pictures!!!

You don't need the 20v. 12 or 18 will be plenty. Out of those three, I'd buy the black&decker.
True enough! I've got a bias toward B&D, due to good personal experience. Hitachi is my other favorite; they're bulletproof.
I collect coins too! My best ones are a 1919 penny and a '29 (I think) liberty dollar.

My favorite hammer is my 3.5lb hand-sledge. I call her Vera. :-D
Pictures!!!

I need to have my coins appraised. But my favorites are my mercury dimes, a liberty dollar (because it was made the year I was born), and a 2000 year old roman coin (I just like it because of its age).

I would have to double check the maker but I have a saw that was made in the late 1800s that is my favorite saw. It is also the centerpiece if my saw collection.

Speaking of sledge hammers my da welded the name Thor on his, because the guys at the work act like it is so heavy )it is probably about 4 pounds).

I was goingto get pictures on Saturday but got thrown off by the cops showing up asking me what I was doing (it was 11:30pm). Then two county guys appeared out of nowhere with rifles. I was like Ummm feeding my chickens.

I was goingto get pictures on Saturday but got thrown off by the cops showing up asking me what I was doing (it was 11:30pm). Then two county guys appeared out of nowhere with rifles. I was like Ummm feeding my chickens.
I would of just kept doing what I was doing. As long as you weren't being unreasonably loud, they have no reason to be bothering you.

So I was looking at pigeon pictures and lets just say that if I were to get a pair of each breed that I thought look really cool, just from looking at one website. I would have 32 pigeons. If I get these things and actually like them, I might be in some serious math troubles

They said a neighbor called saying they saw a car pull in and then flashlights. Thing is I've been doing this every night for 2 weeks now and all the neighbors should know my car by now. And I had only been there like 10 minutes when the cops showed up.

Yeah, I'm sure as heck not going to any more swaps, that one included. I've only ever been to the Wolf Lake swap meet, but I saw an awful lot of diseased birds, mislabeled breeds, and people trying to sell off cockerels as pullets the few times I've been. :/ That's also where my little silver Sebrights came from, the ones whose previous owner mutilated their beaks and left them terrified of human contact. Just be careful and look closely at every bird before buying, y'all, and remember basic biosecurity--change out of your clothes and shoes and wash up before contacting your flock after you've been to anywhere with live poultry! And QUARANTINE any birds you bring home!

Pip'd isn't going to Wolf's swap meet, but I will be. I just like to see what's there...Pip'd would kill me if I brought home any livestock from there. I agree, you do see quite a bit of really poorly cared for livestock, but there are some rare pearls in the mix. Hope to see some other BYCers there!

Last edited:
I'll be there for sure. Hoping for some silkies. I'm so in love with my silkie girl... I hold her against my chest and pet her and she just flips her beak back and forth on me. I don't know what that means but I assume its good haha.

Back
Top Bottom