INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Glad to have you here! We have several out of state members here...because we are an awesome crew of course!
wink.png

I have had very happy customers from my BCMs and have a growing list of orders. I hate I've had to say this too many times...but I don't have them separated for breeding yet! I know, I know...but it's now Spring and fellow chicken enthusiasts are anxiously chick/egg hunting! Lol! I just need a bit better weather as I Really hate building in slopping mud and it's even more difficult to get DH to help in it!

I'm going to make one of the biggest most colorful post I've ever made on BYC when they are ready!! Hahaha!

If you can wait that out I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed!

Yay! Thank you, I wasn't sure if it was ok to jump on other state threads. But, I was talking to Faraday40 and she said to check here. I have no problem waiting. I have hatched 2 small batches of BCM and Blues and have ended up with cockerels, still waiting to see on one. So, I was hoping to find someone local. Can't wait for your big colorful post. Thanks again.

Oh yes, they are coming with us, no doubt :)  Will let you know about the White Leghorns.  They are quite the deal up here and people know how wonderful those birds are from MSU poultry barns. Nice chatting with you Rex and Brett and I look forward to meeting you soon!

Candy, hope you like the Bielefelders! Nice to meet Brett! He was going to send me the number for the contact guy on the Leghorns. Don't let him forget!

Yay! Thank you, I wasn't sure if it was ok to jump on other state threads. But, I was talking to Faraday40 and she said to check here. I have no problem waiting. I have hatched 2 small batches of BCM and Blues and have ended up with cockerels, still waiting to see on one. So, I was hoping to find someone local. Can't wait for your big colorful post. Thanks again.

Sounds like my luck! Haha! Seems I always sell my girls...unknowingly of course or eggs hatched! So you should luck out here! Lol!

My son got sick last Thurs/Fri & shared it with the rest of us. Mon-Wed night was a dreadful time! Imagine a household with an energetic 4 yr old boy, a miserable vomiting kid with high fever, and no functioning adult. DH & I could barely move during & after this stomach bug. On a positive note, our 4 yr old learned how to make his own sandwiches and our caring neighbor dropped off meds & Gatorade outside our door.

Glad to be back to normal!

• jchny2000-
  • So sorry about the tragic loss of your fav animals. Glad you're getting surveillance! & Hope the trouble-makers get what's coming.
  • browncow15
  • Do you know it's worms b/c of the obvious worm in the poo pic or is it b/c of the color?

Candy, hope you like the Bielefelders! Nice to meet Brett! He was going to send me the number for the contact guy on the Leghorns. Don't let him forget!
I love them! They are beautiful! :) Thank you very much
thumbsup.gif

Our five Leghorns are great and one of them rewarded us with the first egg! From what Brett told me they were all sold out with the last remaining on hold for a buyer so that was disappointing but not surprising. all but about 100 were gone when we got our few two weeks ago.

Last edited:
Welcome! I'm just north of Bloomington and have silkies but half are broody and no eggs from the others. Unless you plan on buying them close to POL (point of lay) silkies are difficult to sex until they are a bit older. I think the earliest I could tell was 4-6 mos old. Some are easier than others though too but they are tricky! ;)

This seems to be a common response. Let me know if you can help me out with any female silkies in the future? Would be much appreciated!

My son got sick last Thurs/Fri & shared it with the rest of us. Mon-Wed night was a dreadful time! Imagine a household with an energetic 4 yr old boy, a miserable vomiting kid with high fever, and no functioning adult. DH & I could barely move during & after this stomach bug. On a positive note, our 4 yr old learned how to make his own sandwiches and our caring neighbor dropped off meds & Gatorade outside our door. Glad to be back to normal!
  • jchny2000-
  • So sorry about the tragic loss of your fav animals. Glad you're getting surveillance! & Hope the trouble-makers get what's coming.
  • browncow15
  • Do you know it's worms b/c of the obvious worm in the poo pic or is it b/c of the color?
Yikes! Glad you're all feeling better! We've had a plague here too, thank goodness not stomach related though. Yes my worm diagnosis was because of the creepy crawly in the picture!

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome!

If you search for our moderators on this thread and look in their signatures, you will find a member list. From there you might be able to find someone in Howard County with chickens, already. Sorry I do not know where that is, but I welcome you!

(I always search for @Mother2Hens to find the link)

Thanks Leslea for the info and welcome.

Back
Top Bottom