INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

No way I'll purposely have less than 3 cats. I was just thinking of getting another rescue. But every time I rescue a cat, someone drops off one or two more cats and I do end up with a few too many cats. I had been hoping for kittens but I think something happened to them. The mother is safe and well catching mice again but no signs of nursing little kittens.

I know, one of the three I rescued disappeared. I kind of want another but worry about integrating it. What I don't want is for one of my two to get killed and have a lonely one left over. Three seems better.

I know, one of the three I rescued disappeared. I kind of want another but worry about integrating it. What I don't want is for one of my two to get killed and have a lonely one left over. Three seems better.

Well, this time of year there is no shortage in the supply of cats - if your place is anything like ours you'll have more than a few "donated" to you (or just show up on their own) -- sure fire way to be inundated with voluneer new cats is to finally go down to the shelter and pick a new one up, lol.

My cat is from a Chinese restaurant as funny as that sounds. Lol my husbands friend went to get food there and he is guessing the kitten jumped in his truck bed. Whala we got a cat. Now he is not a fan of going out side but, if he sees a mice he is willing to get the job done. If he has his big dog with him there's no stopping him. Lol now my cat is way way to lazy to catch a bird. He dose air swot at them well after they are in the air.he likes hitting the glass door thinking he is scareing the chickens. They are not phased by him at all.

Mama is showing them about watermelon.
She's such a good mom.

I couldn't resist! Here's a pic from last year of one of the little cats making friends with the chickens! They're discussing the finer points of dirt scratching! Haha:lol:

And then here's 2 chicks that have hatched from under my broody sussex hens. The chipmunk one was born 4 days ago and the smaller 2 days ago. Theres 2 more that have pipped in the nest. Ive had to bring them inside until they get big enough to go back in the coop, the mamas arent being good mamas at all. It's their first time so maybe that has something to do with it or maybe they just want to sit on eggs, not actual chicks. They were stealing eggs from the other nests for a couple weeks before I realized what they were doing (I was just leaving them alone to do what they do) so that's why the hatch is so staggered. I finally candled and marked what's in there so I'll know which to clear out. And I separated their nests from everyone else. Egg hoarders! :lol:

I have 150 cornish x from Central Hatchery that need to go ASAP! I thought my order was cancelled. They were just delivered @4pm May 29. I DO NOT have the ability to care for any chicks right now. Located in Ft. Wayne, IN.

Ok here is the bresse chick count so far!
22 out of the incubator, three that I helped out and still in the bator, Those three are doing good just need to fluff up. Still a few eggs to go and had a few quitters... They all look great!
Got a question for racinchickins??
What's up with this chick and the black spots?
That ones easy to SPOT in the crowd! Sorry couldn't help myself.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom