INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Not too far from you, Noble/Whitley line area. Welcome. Those giants intrigue me.

Well this is my first attempt with chickens. I can say they've made it pretty easy! Let me know if you'd like to check them out sometime. I love seeing how others run their flocks as well.
Learning never gets old
1f413.png
1f413.png
1f413.png

Hey everyone.
I don't post much but this Fri. I should have a hatch of Jersey Giants pipping! Just a little jazzed up lol. I already have 7 and hatching 20.
I'm in Auburn so if your ever this way gimme a shout.
If anyone might be interested in a giant let me know.

Hey, I live just over in Noble. Giants are an interesting breed, how big do yours get?

DH decided we can move!!!!!!! So the 12th we will be packing up and moving on out
celebrate.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif

that is so very sad... I would be throwing a king sized fit!!!!!!

It's funny how that " just happens " ... lol So far I have been good and stayed out of the farm/feed stores!!!!

ok time for one of my dumb questions... lol
Can you eat those soft eggs??? I always throw them away.

Congrats on the move. (One of my own dreams is to get out of the suburbs.)

As far as the soft shell eggs, I fear there's not enough protection from bacteria. If warm/fresh, I'll pop them & feed to the dogs. (They eat far worse things from the backyard!) I just don't take the chance with my human family.

Looking for fertile egg trade.  We will be incubating soon and need some more diversity, any color and size is okay.  Need at least thirty minutes away from North Vernon, Indiana.  Not sure how many to trade for, no more than a couple dozen i suppose.  I have bantams large fowl olive eggers and some polish so i believe it will be a good trade.  I have 3 feathered footed roosters and i cochin and 1 cochin mix and another olive egger mix.  I keep my polish sepparated in a different coop.  We have 7 feather footed hens one white cochin and 4 brahmas and 2 wyondotte brahma mixes.  We have reds and blacks one buff too.  We are just looking for unrelated eggs that are fetile.  We like to do this every year.  Hop we can trade :).

Hi. I'm just south of Bedford. I don't have any "fancy" breeds but I have Leghorns, Buff Orpington, Rhode Island Red, and Barred Rock.

Indyshent - I'd like to see a pic of wun wun. Sounds interesting. One that shows how tall he is.

I went out to try and measure him, but he wasn't entirely cooperative and didn't want to stand up straight because there was food on the ground and ladies to show it to. The top of his tail was about 25in from the ground. Slouchily regarding me, his head was about that high of the ground too, but his more alert stance would probably put him over 27in. He towers over everything in the yard but the turkey.

I was on Facebook today, telling a lady about this group then went
"oops, how long has it been since YOU popped on there!?"
Hi guys! It looks like Chick season is in full swing!
I can't wait to get a new bunch in here....but we're holding off....

We have our own new chick due to hatch July 4th or so!

If anyone is in or around the Bedford area, Rural King is keeping a small assortment in stock. I haven't checked TSC or Orschlen yet. They usually wait until March though (and it's March 1st!).

I went out to try and measure him, but he wasn't entirely cooperative and didn't want to stand up straight because there was food on the ground and ladies to show it to. The top of his tail was about 25in from the ground. Slouchily regarding me, his head was about that high of the ground too, but his more alert stance would probably put him over 27in. He towers over everything in the yard but the turkey.

That is an exceedingly handsome bird.

Back
Top Bottom