INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Hi everyone, just getting on to ask if any of yall know of a good chicken breeding resource book? i have a flock of 12 hens and 1 cock, all new hamps, and i'm wanting to start breeding them closer to the standard. So if any of you know of some good books that lay out the basics of chicken breeding it would help a lot! :D
You might be able to find the SOP (Standard of Perfection, I think) by googling it. I'll check it out. I did find this:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/new-hampshire-breed-for-exhibition-sop.882940/

Not much new going on here. DH and I are Christmas shopping for each other, have everyone else done! We don't really "surprise" each other - rather pick 1 thing for each other high on the want list. Went to the Richmond gun show today to get a price line on what both of us want! He wants another rifle, and I wanted a larger caliber handgun. Haven't bought a personal protection gun since 2002.

We rushed over to Rural King afterwards. (Big sale!) I went with a S&W MP Shield compact 45. I've shot this type gun before, oldest nephew has one and I was very impressed. Light weight, easy trigger pull. Since we have coyote coming into our pastures I wanted something better for personal safety. With Moose our bull gone now I want to be able to protect my goats and calves next spring. Zero is a good bull, but so laid back I'm not sure how he will handle a predator yet.

I'm casually looking for a Lavender orp cockerel if anyone has an extra. A raccoon got my rooster a couple months back and I need one for my ladies this spring! TIA

I'm casually looking for a Lavender orp cockerel if anyone has an extra. A raccoon got my rooster a couple months back and I need one for my ladies this spring! TIA
I do not have any extra now. I'll start hatching in spring & usually have males then. I'd rather give them a happy life as a breeder than a date with the grill.

Back
Top Bottom