INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

Last post I'm probably going to offer guinea keets soon. I've got a lot of Royal purple, pearl and a daily egg hunt. If you are interested I do not ask stupid prices just message me. Certainly not what farm stores ask for them.

New addition and quite a surprise! Little doeling from Agnus. Teeny little thing, had no thoughts she was pregnant! She is already spoken for, I had someone call last week looking for a doeling.
20190429_170449.jpg

@jchny2000 Those goats are adorable!

Since I've been talking about DS hatching experiment for a while, I feel I owe you at least a few pics. Here are some chicks from the Cooler-bator group.
Spitzhaubens (all 3 hatched)

I got 4 laced orps

1 lav & one black orp

6 Leghorns

2 teeny seramas

2 poults (a brown & a white)

and one very puffy broody (all 19 babies are under her)

big-cookie-jpg.1758847

That's one big "Cookie"!
:gig

I almost forgot the best part..... The Cooler-bator got 100%!!!! The only egg that didn't hatch wasn't fertile. I don't know the stats on the others yet.

The hatches in the Incuview, Hovabator, and Brinsea are still going.

Been busy lately so I had some catching up to do. Enjoying the pics of chicks and goats and everything else. Stay dry everybody!
Funny you say that about staying dry, IU several years ago banned all booze in all buildings unless it was in the dining rooms of the Union building and a few other small exemptions, they stopped selling booze in the football and basket ball stadiums. Now it's come out that they want to start selling it at the football games again. so I guess inside the stadium it will be "wet" again...

@jchny2000 Those goats are adorable!

Since I've been talking about DS hatching experiment for a while, I feel I owe you at least a few pics. Here are some chicks from the Cooler-bator group.
Spitzhaubens (all 3 hatched)

I got 4 laced orps

1 lav & one black orp

6 Leghorns

2 teeny seramas

2 poults (a brown & a white)

and one very puffy broody (all 19 babies are under her)

big-cookie-jpg.1758847

That's one big "Cookie"!
:gig

I almost forgot the best part..... The Cooler-bator got 100%!!!! The only egg that didn't hatch wasn't fertile. I don't know the stats on the others yet.

The hatches in the Incuview, Hovabator, and Brinsea are still going.
Thanks, couldn't get baby pictures today with all the rain.
What a good momma! The chicks are adorable :love

Well I rolled the dice today and planted my mature plants from the "hallway garden" upstairs. DH calls it the food jungle. 1 cherry tomato, 1 jalapeno pepper and 1 okra. They were in the gallon size ice cream buckets, pretty badly root-bound. Already bearing fruit too. I hardened them off a few days and look good.
If it wasn't so waterlogged we would have already turned the soil and started putting trellises up. I have my perennial row in and it won't move. Already seeing a huge benefit using the landscape fabric! We laid it down immediately after planting the grapes and berry bushes.

On our third hatch of chicks this year. I am sold 100% on the Premiere 1 plate brooder! -0- issues with it, the chicks like it a lot. Highly doubt I will ever have a need for heat lamps again. I have the largest one for the gosling coming in 3 weeks, and a size down for chicks. Just dependable safe heat and having peace of mind is awesome. I also have a large metal brooder but its heat settings are not real stable.
I'm cautiously impressed with the American Bresse chicks so far. They are gaining size fast and are very active, unilke Cornish cross. Time will tell. If the growth is as promised I won't be buying CX anymore. DH brought home a case of boneless, skinless chicken breast from GFS, $1.28 lb. Yes, good buy but then I saw the sodium content in the "brine" its packaged in. 4oz portion 350mg sodium. I do not use salt, cook with it, nope unless its a fresh garden beefsteak tomato :oops: (can't resist). So he is using the chicken for his smoked foods. At most I may use some in soups.

Back
Top Bottom