INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

We have a pip on a Serama & a Spitz egg in the Cooler-bator!
:celebrate
Most incubators were set on a Tues. morning, but the Coolerbator started on Mon night. (DS set eggs in 4 different types of incubators for his 4H project.) Meanwhile Cookie is happily sitting on some marble eggs waiting for these babies to hatch.

I finished the dance hairpieces today.

The white feathers are from Princess Lay-a, goose feathers from @JanetMarie , and 2 ostrich feathers. I tried a few laced orp feathers but decided to keep it pure white.
img_6296-jpg.1755791

The black feathers are from from our beloved Mr Dummy plus a couple ostrich feathers.
img_6298-jpg.1755792
Exciting hatches! I gave my coolerbater to my daughter I just use the sportsmen 1502s now. One needs new fans so I've only got one going. Probably best so I'm not getting stupid hatching a gazillion birds!
They are lovely hairpieces!The guineas probably won't molt til fall but I'll save for you.

Last post I'm probably going to offer guinea keets soon. I've got a lot of Royal purple, pearl and a daily egg hunt. If you are interested I do not ask stupid prices just message me. Certainly not what farm stores ask for them.

@jchny2000 Those goats are adorable!

Since I've been talking about DS hatching experiment for a while, I feel I owe you at least a few pics. Here are some chicks from the Cooler-bator group.
Spitzhaubens (all 3 hatched)

I got 4 laced orps

1 lav & one black orp

6 Leghorns

2 teeny seramas

2 poults (a brown & a white)

and one very puffy broody (all 19 babies are under her)

big-cookie-jpg.1758847

That's one big "Cookie"!
:gig

I almost forgot the best part..... The Cooler-bator got 100%!!!! The only egg that didn't hatch wasn't fertile. I don't know the stats on the others yet.

The hatches in the Incuview, Hovabator, and Brinsea are still going.

Been busy lately so I had some catching up to do. Enjoying the pics of chicks and goats and everything else. Stay dry everybody!
Funny you say that about staying dry, IU several years ago banned all booze in all buildings unless it was in the dining rooms of the Union building and a few other small exemptions, they stopped selling booze in the football and basket ball stadiums. Now it's come out that they want to start selling it at the football games again. so I guess inside the stadium it will be "wet" again...

@jchny2000 Those goats are adorable!

Since I've been talking about DS hatching experiment for a while, I feel I owe you at least a few pics. Here are some chicks from the Cooler-bator group.
Spitzhaubens (all 3 hatched)

I got 4 laced orps

1 lav & one black orp

6 Leghorns

2 teeny seramas

2 poults (a brown & a white)

and one very puffy broody (all 19 babies are under her)

big-cookie-jpg.1758847

That's one big "Cookie"!
:gig

I almost forgot the best part..... The Cooler-bator got 100%!!!! The only egg that didn't hatch wasn't fertile. I don't know the stats on the others yet.

The hatches in the Incuview, Hovabator, and Brinsea are still going.
Thanks, couldn't get baby pictures today with all the rain.
What a good momma! The chicks are adorable :love

Well I rolled the dice today and planted my mature plants from the "hallway garden" upstairs. DH calls it the food jungle. 1 cherry tomato, 1 jalapeno pepper and 1 okra. They were in the gallon size ice cream buckets, pretty badly root-bound. Already bearing fruit too. I hardened them off a few days and look good.
If it wasn't so waterlogged we would have already turned the soil and started putting trellises up. I have my perennial row in and it won't move. Already seeing a huge benefit using the landscape fabric! We laid it down immediately after planting the grapes and berry bushes.

Back
Top Bottom