INDIANA BYC'ers HERE!

I searched for a reputable breeder with certain specifications and found a breeder of mini poodles a few hours away, and would have to wait until the breeder had some black puppies available from two black parents. Although, I really did not and do not want to house train a puppy, and don't want the hyperness of a puppy.
View attachment 1956797

That's a great idea. My daughter wants a new puppy and I don't want to housetrain it.
And I just love black dogs especially poodles, they are so smart. I have a Yorkie-poo which I love because she is so smart and adventurous too. Keeps me entertained.
Jordan seems to be loving his new bed...Too cute!

Looking out and it's snowing here. As usual the cows are out in it silly things. Far right center is Hershey the Angus mix. The rest are in the south pasture eating a maple that fell last week
20191111_163519.jpg

Have to say the American Bresse lay very well! Its a light tan egg, almost leghorn sized. They are still pullet age 5 1/2 months so the eggs should get larger. I'm getting about 5 eggs a week per hen. Our cockerel is a big fella! After watching the roosters interacting with the hens I've picked the best fella and kept a backup. I find it surprising the Maran hens, EE/OE's have stopped laying and the barred Rocks also. These are all this years hatches.

That's a great idea. My daughter wants a new puppy and I don't want to housetrain it.
And I just love black dogs especially poodles, they are so smart. I have a Yorkie-poo which I love because she is so smart and adventurous too. Keeps me entertained.
Jordan seems to be loving his new bed...Too cute!
I found him on Craig's List.

Yep, we're set to be below 0 air temp tonight, so I have a couple naked hens in the basement. They decided October was a good time to lose 90% of their feathers.
facepalm head shake.gif

Really worrying about my OEGBs right now... They're just so teeny-tiny, I'm not sure how well they'll handle this cold. We might end up with chickens all over the house again, depending on how they look as the night goes on... :p

Absolutely adorable pictures, by the way!! :love :love

Yep, we're set to be below 0 air temp tonight, so I have a couple naked hens in the basement. They decided October was a good time to lose 90% of their feathers. View attachment 1958005

Really worrying about my OEGBs right now... They're just so teeny-tiny, I'm not sure how well they'll handle this cold. We might end up with chickens all over the house again, depending on how they look as the night goes on... :p

Absolutely adorable pictures, by the way!! :love :love
OEGB do ok as long as they are draft free. I had them a few years and they were pretty cold hardy. I don't think the rooster ever had frostbite issues with his comb either.

Back
Top Bottom