Indiana & Surrounding BYC Meetup August 1st, 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, found a canopy at FD, had to go to three stores and it was 40% off to boot!

Van is loaded with the following:
3 coolers,
1 case of bottle water
2 watermelons (supposed to be seedless)
1 canopy
4 folding chairs
1 Farmopoly game
prizes and items for the silent auction.

I am also bringing a pasta salad and baked beans.(will need to plug in the crock pot for the beans)

Oh yeah, Shelley and company!
lau.gif

Quote:
Bring them along-someone may take them if they see them!
tongue2.gif

OK, I guess the boys are coming!
big_smile.png
I just hope they put on thier best, so someone wants them. I really need to find them a home..and soon!!

Quote:
Thanks!! I couldn't remember who all wanted some of these little cuties!! They will be there!
smile.png

How much are you asking for the mottled cochins? I might be interested. I have splash and I love their coloring, and I'd like to see mottled in person cause I think from pics I've seen that I will like that color too.

Splash and mottled are very similar. These guys are young, so they have a lot more white on them than they would if they were grown. They start out very white, then get more black on them, then more white the older they get....if that makes any sense
tongue.png

Here are some pics of their parents:
PICT0438.jpg

PICT0437.jpg

PICT0436.jpg

I'll pm you
smile.png

Okay, I think I've about got everything settled....I think.
th.gif

The cheesecake is chilling in the fridge with the deviled eggs and the meat for the taco salad....My homemade kosher dills are on the table waiting to be loaded.....The really big bowl is on the table for the taco salad, holding a plastic bag with my son's swimsuit and towel
wink.png
.....I've got a jug of water for the birds (note to self---get an ice cream bucket for FEED!!)....The buttons are all packed up and ready to go....the cages for the coturnix are by the porch, waiting for them to be loaded.....and the mottled cochins are in a cage under the porch....I think that just about covers it.

Turns out that I have more female buttons than I thought, so that's good. I was thinking there were like 3, but there are 7 or 8 females. Of course I have more males, but I think that's a law or something.

Okay, so here's what I've got:

14 jumbo brown coturnix (6 males, 8 females)
16 A&M (white) coturnix of unknown sex
3 golden coturnix males
11 tibetan and tuxedo coturnix (rosetta tibetan, dark tibetan, rosetta tuxedo, and dark tuxedo)

7 pair of young button quail
1 box of 4 buttons that I believe are all males (can be housed together if there are no females around)
1 box of 3 buttons---there are 2 silvers and 1 white. I believe the silvers are a male and female, and I don't know what sex the white is

3 pairs of mottled cochin bantams, plus one cockerel

I think that's it (I believe that's enough
smile.png
)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom