Indoor/Potted Citrus Trees: What’s you’re experience in northern climates?

That is an EXCELLENT flower bud set - looks like you are in line for a nice potential future harvest! You will also enjoy the flower perfume. CONGRATS! No flower buds showing here at all.
I’m not sure why the Meyer lemon didn’t flower. It has more leaves and is in overall better shape than the lime. I guess I can’t complain though! It’ll be incredible to have some limes grown in the middle of winter in the Appalachian mountains!

My Meyer Lemon bloomed in the late spring and early summer of this year - so you might just get a similar bloom time range for 2021. I think that flower production time is why I have fruits now. I hear that lemon variety has a very limited time of availability at fruit stands/grocery stores. Some good recipes for its use are available online so we might try the lemon curd.

My Meyer Lemon bloomed in the late spring and early summer of this year - so you might just get a similar bloom time range for 2021. I think that flower production time is why I have fruits now. I hear that lemon variety has a very limited time of availability at fruit stands/grocery stores. Some good recipes for its use are available online so we might try the lemon curd.
I am so excited to try a Meyer lemon! Too bad this is my like tree that is blooming.

Blossoms opened while I was at work! They smell so good!

Attachments

• EA6C330F-BE3E-4847-B0A5-D7D0992E96E6.jpeg
    EA6C330F-BE3E-4847-B0A5-D7D0992E96E6.jpeg
    281.1 KB · Views: 2
ENJOY those blossoms and the fantastic fragrance - CONGRATS! When the yellow/orange pollen becomes powdery and can be removed, place a good bit of it on the top of the central sticky portion (the Pistil) of the flower. This can be done with a small artist's brush or even with something like a tooth pick. taking some of the pollen from one flower and putting it on another is another good strategy and you can do that as you have a couple of blooms that opened on the same day. Very happy that you are having such fun with your citrus success!

ENJOY those blossoms and the fantastic fragrance - CONGRATS! When the yellow/orange pollen becomes powdery and can be removed, place a good bit of it on the top of the central sticky portion (the Pistil) of the flower. This can be done with a small artist's brush or even with something like a tooth pick. taking some of the pollen from one flower and putting it on another is another good strategy and you can do that as you have a couple of blooms that opened on the same day. Very happy that you are having such fun with your citrus success!
I was wondering if I should do this! Thank you for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom