Inexpensive Pectin Source

Dragonfly Ranch

Songster
10 Years
May 13, 2009
Happy Valley, CA
Have been looking for an inexpensive pectin source and wanted to share what I discovered. If you have a Walmart in your area - and they carry "Ball" pectin - our price is $1.50 a box for original powered and $2.68 for liquid - the real saving comes from the coupon in the box which is $.50 off next purchase. Well, I'm not proud I tear off coupon and redeem on the spot making the final price $1.00 and $2.18 respectfully.

Checked Internet for bulk prices - did the math and coupon price is cheaper! Just wanted to share -

Happy Canning - need to get offline and get going have a ton a fresh Boysenberries waiting and Lavender that needs to be stripped and made into jelly this afternoon!

Last edited:
Have not tried the lavendar with Boysenberry. Not sure if lavendar would come through, the pure lavendar jelly is somewhat mild, but I think I'll give it a try. I harvested one lavendar plant yesterday and got about 4 cups of flowers. I made some wine based jelly last week and I think I'll try using the lavendar tea in place of the fruit juice and see what I get.

Back
Top Bottom