Infected Yolk Sac… Help?!

FeatherTay

Crowing
Jun 28, 2020
Kansas
C9806692-7335-4AC6-B0D7-43A7C0DF4485.jpeg

2 day old chick hatched with small yolk sac. Now there is green stuff. Why? Can I save her? She is very lively. @casportpony

View attachment 2724755
2 day old chick hatched with small yolk sac. Now there is green stuff. Why? Can I save her? She is very lively. @casportpony
Mushy Chick Disease, very low survival rate. If it does survive, it's immune system will be compromised.

I'd suggest washing it off with some mild soap, & water with paper towel, or cotton ball, & applying some Triple Antibiotic Ointment to the yolk sac to help keep out infection.

Periods of no ointment, & drying should be allowed. Once the yolk sack dries, shrivels up, & falls off, that won't be a worry no more.

Mushy Chick Disease, very low survival rate. If it does survive, it's immune system will be compromised.

I'd suggest washing it off with some mild soap, & water with paper towel, or cotton ball, & applying some Triple Antibiotic Ointment to the yolk sac to help keep out infection.

Periods of no ointment, & drying should be allowed. Once the yolk sack dries, shrivels up, & falls off, that won't be a worry no more.
Will neosporion work

Back
Top Bottom