Inflation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I just put in a rain barrel next to my backyard storage shed and with the storms we have had here last couple of weeks, its overflowing. Before that, and I still do this, I put my horse's water trough and a couple of empty bucket under the overhang behind the barn to collect the rain water and they are usually pretty full after a good rain.

Nobody is going to tell me I cant collect water, have a garden, or sell my eggs and/ or tax me for it or confiscate it without having some buckshot in their butt.

Rammy

I would hate have that as a job requirement. "All applicants must have buckshot in their butt". Seriously I've never heard of someone paying a fine for a simple collection system. What you're doing is just common sense. Here in Kiowa we are on an aquifer that replenishes every 75,000 years. We have so much clay that most of our water runs off the land. As with all political stuff the issues are a lot more complex that the average Joe the Plumber can grasp. The only thing that is always true is that the law is designed to benefit the group represented by the wealthiest lobby.
smile.png

Unfortunately the only thing you're collecting is dust. Are we ever going to get some rain?

It's a little wetter here in Fountain Valley than out on the prairie. With warm weather coming, you might want an outdoor solar shower with a gray water recovery system. A little rustic...sure, but you have a lot of bodies to wash and that is a lot of good water going down the drain
big_smile.png

Funny, you should mention that because I have collected enugh shutters to create a small outdoor shower area. I decided that on some days if I could at least rinse the dirt off of me, it would be that much less of a mess to clean inside. But being in an urban enviroment, I had to have private space.

Growing up, we had an outdoor shower, and it was a required stop before entering house when we came home from beach.

Well, gold is now at $1,492.90. It looks like the big run up is over. Things are leveling off. Somewhere, someone has a whole bunch of gold, probably central banks and speculators like Soros.

If I had a rain barrel, it probably would never collect anything but dust. Back in October, we had a doozy of a hail storm. Just about everyone got a new roof out of it courtesy of their homeowner's insurance.

Since then, we have not had any significant rain. Everyone is wondering how their new roof will perform when and if it ever rains.

I watched them re roof most of the houses in the neighborhood. Even my wife realized they were doing sloppy, cheap work. Well, most of the roofers were from Mexico, and they don't have a lot of asphalt shingle roofs there.

Forgive them, for they know not what they do.

Rufus

Quote:
the house my dad was born and raised in had an outdoor shower it was part of growing up in my family to get cleaned up at the " homeplace" part of my growing up was granny washing me when I was little in a washtub
smile.png

Quote:
Unfortunately the only thing you're collecting is dust. Are we ever going to get some rain?

MOVE TO wISCONSIN ................ALL IT very DOES IS RAIN, I"M GETTING NOTHING DONE AT ALL THIS SPRING.ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
I'm so sick of mud, wet soggy ground to try to work in, my poor hands are all cracked from dogging in it and cleaning flower beds, and garden edge. I want a month of no rain so I can catch up ,I can't even get to the strawberry bed yet the weeds are covering everything up looks like no berries again this year.

BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR. Too much rain is worse than no rain. I have not been able to till my garden yet this year. There were so many bridges flooded I didn't know if I was going to get home or not. Now it has dried up some, but I am still dreading more rain. I can't seem to get anything done. First it was too cold, then too wet, now too hot. Let's just have some normal weather.
I just hope gas prices come back to earth. Everytime I buy something seems the price is up due to shipping costs:-S

Quote:
Sure you don't live in Wi. sounds just like our spring, it's the worst weather I cam remember in many many years, its actually insane wet cold nasty yuk depressing weather.
As for inflation you hit right on the head, gas prices are still 4 bucks here, everything is through the roof including my taxes and insurance which raised my mortgage to over 1000.00 a month which I can not afford, I may have to sell even though my house is worthless than I owe on it right now. was appraised 4 years ago at 130,000, now they say its worth 93, and I owe the very bank 98.........................such wonderful news along with the weather...............just depressing. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom