Info for those in Polk COunty FLorida

Motherhen8

Hatching
Jul 13, 2015
In response to your inquiry, I have provided the following section from Chapter 2 in the Land Development Code. Please review the information provided and advise if you have any questions. You may also contact a Planner on Call at (863) 534-6084 if you need to speak with someone.

Section 222 Agricultural (Revised 01/30/03 - Ord. 03-14)

A. General Farming (Revised 1/10/12 – Ord. 12-001)
Nothing herein shall prevent the use of any land for agricultural purposes, or the construction
and use of buildings or structures incidental to that purpose. No conditional use permit or
certificate shall be required for any new agricultural building or structure provided, however,
no structure for the sheltering or feeding of animals (such as barns, stables, coups, aviaries,
troughs or feeders) shall be permitted to be built within 50 feet of a property boundary
except within the A/RR, A/RRX, PM and CORE Future Land Use Map districts.
B. Non-residential Farm Buildings (Revised 1/6/2010 – Ord. 10-002; 09/02/09 – Ord. 09-054):
Non-residential farming related buildings are not required to meet the standards of the
Florida Building Code except as required by Chapter 553.73, F.S.
C. Farm Worker Housing (Revised 09/02/09 – Ord. 09-054):
Nothing in this code shall prohibit the use of a single-family, duplex, or multifamily unit
from housing farm workers in the same manner as a family defined within Chapter 10 of this
code.
D. Farming, General and Animal Grazing (Revised 1/10/12 – Ord. 12-001; 6/28/11 – Ord. 11-008)
Nothing herein shall prevent the use of any land for farming, general and animal grazing for
bona fide agricultural purposes, or the good faith commercial agricultural use of land, as
defined in Section 193.461, F.S. This shall be allowed in all land use classifications.
E. Livestock and Fowl in Residential Neighborhoods (Revised 1/10/12 – Ord. 12-001)
This section is intended to address the balance between quality of life for residents and
responsible animal husbandry in residential neighborhoods. Code enforcement action of this
subsection (222.E) may be initiated only by complaint from and owner of residential
property within 250 feet of the property on which livestock or fowl are contained. The
following provision apply to only residential properties less than ½ acre (21,780 square feet)
in size and do not apply to any property within the A/RR, A/RRX, PM and CORE Future
Land Use Map districts. These provisions do not apply to the good faith commercial
agricultural use of land (bona fide agricultural purposes), as defined in Section 193.461., F.S.
1. Livestock shall be contained within fenced areas.
2. Fowl shall be kept in pens or fenced areas at least 50 feet from neighboring
residential property lines.
3. The storage of animal waste shall be located at least 50 feet from neighboring
4. Show animals and educational projects shall be exempted from the requirements for
pens in Section 222.E.2, provided the manure setback requirement in Section
222.E.3, can be met.
5. Relaxation of the standards set forth in this section may be approved by the Board of
Adjustment through the process provided in Section 930 of this code.

Respectfully,
Autumn Fenton, CPM, CEP, PMI
Code Enforcement Administrator

Code Enforcement Unit/Public Safety Group
Mailing: P. O. Box 9005/Drawer CS03, Bartow, FL 33831-9005
Physical: 330 W. Church Street, Bartow, FL 33830
Desk (863)534-6003; Cell (863) 899-8558; Fax (863)534-6073
E-mail: [email protected] ;
Web: www.polk-county.net

In response to your inquiry, I have provided the following section from Chapter 2 in the Land Development Code. Please review the information provided and advise if you have any questions. You may also contact a Planner on Call at (863) 534-6084 if you need to speak with someone.

Section 222 Agricultural (Revised 01/30/03 - Ord. 03-14)

A. General Farming (Revised 1/10/12 – Ord. 12-001)
Nothing herein shall prevent the use of any land for agricultural purposes, or the construction
and use of buildings or structures incidental to that purpose. No conditional use permit or
certificate shall be required for any new agricultural building or structure provided, however,
no structure for the sheltering or feeding of animals (such as barns, stables, coups, aviaries,
troughs or feeders) shall be permitted to be built within 50 feet of a property boundary
except within the A/RR, A/RRX, PM and CORE Future Land Use Map districts.
B. Non-residential Farm Buildings (Revised 1/6/2010 – Ord. 10-002; 09/02/09 – Ord. 09-054):
Non-residential farming related buildings are not required to meet the standards of the
Florida Building Code except as required by Chapter 553.73, F.S.
C. Farm Worker Housing (Revised 09/02/09 – Ord. 09-054):
Nothing in this code shall prohibit the use of a single-family, duplex, or multifamily unit
from housing farm workers in the same manner as a family defined within Chapter 10 of this
code.
D. Farming, General and Animal Grazing (Revised 1/10/12 – Ord. 12-001; 6/28/11 – Ord. 11-008)
Nothing herein shall prevent the use of any land for farming, general and animal grazing for
bona fide agricultural purposes, or the good faith commercial agricultural use of land, as
defined in Section 193.461, F.S. This shall be allowed in all land use classifications.
E. Livestock and Fowl in Residential Neighborhoods (Revised 1/10/12 – Ord. 12-001)
This section is intended to address the balance between quality of life for residents and
responsible animal husbandry in residential neighborhoods. Code enforcement action of this
subsection (222.E) may be initiated only by complaint from and owner of residential
property within 250 feet of the property on which livestock or fowl are contained. The
following provision apply to only residential properties less than ½ acre (21,780 square feet)
in size and do not apply to any property within the A/RR, A/RRX, PM and CORE Future
Land Use Map districts. These provisions do not apply to the good faith commercial
agricultural use of land (bona fide agricultural purposes), as defined in Section 193.461., F.S.
1. Livestock shall be contained within fenced areas.
2. Fowl shall be kept in pens or fenced areas at least 50 feet from neighboring
3. The storage of animal waste shall be located at least 50 feet from neighboring
4. Show animals and educational projects shall be exempted from the requirements for
pens in Section 222.E.2, provided the manure setback requirement in Section
222.E.3, can be met.
5. Relaxation of the standards set forth in this section may be approved by the Board of
Adjustment through the process provided in Section 930 of this code.

Respectfully,
Autumn Fenton, CPM, CEP, PMI
Code Enforcement Administrator

Code Enforcement Unit/Public Safety Group
Mailing: P. O. Box 9005/Drawer CS03, Bartow, FL 33831-9005
Physical: 330 W. Church Street, Bartow, FL 33830
Desk (863)534-6003; Cell (863) 899-8558; Fax (863)534-6073
E-mail: [email protected] ;
Web: www.polk-county.net

Thank you for making this information readily available!!

Could you provide the link to this?
The post was from seven years ago - and they've hardly commented since (or logged in). You could google Polk County FL Land Development Code and immediately find a link to this page, "Land Development Code - Polk-County.net"and then either Ctrl-F for an appropriate keyword/phrase in Section 222, use the search function, or manually scroll for the desired portion of code...

and if you don't like that, you can always try library.municode.com and search forPasco County

or you could wait for someone to do it for you, I suppose.

The post was from seven years ago - and they've hardly commented since (or logged in). You could google Polk County FL Land Development Code and immediately find a link to this page, "Land Development Code - Polk-County.net"and then either Ctrl-F for an appropriate keyword/phrase in Section 222, use the search function, or manually scroll for the desired portion of code...

and if you don't like that, you can always try library.municode.com and search forPasco County

or you could wait for someone to do it for you, I suppose.
I tried but Google hasn't liked me lately 🤷😅 so when I seen this I was just hopeful.
Sorry if I upset you or seemed like I haven't tried finding the info on my own.

Back
Top Bottom