Info on Magpie Ducks?

How were they marked? I know that having the "ideal" markings is a long shot, but would rather not get a bunch that were pretty much solidly colored. I'd like to build up a small flock here in Central Vermont that could eventually become breeding quality. I love their personalities, much more sociable and quieter than my Khakis and just the right size and great layers. I like their patterning most.

We live in central Massachusetts. We started with 8 males and are down to 4. Hawk, owl predators got the other 4. The boys are about 2 1/2 now. Super healthy and they are getting along because it is cold. Last summer though we had them divided inti 3 pods because of all the fighting when their hormones kicked in.

We would be happy to rehome one or two to make room for some girls.

NEVER ORDER FROM IDEAL POULTRY
NEVER ORDER FROM IDEAL POULTRY

#1 of 2
3 minutes ago
Finny
I recieved an order of ducklings today and I was shocked and very upset by what I saw. I had ordered 6 ducklings but littering the floor of the box were at least 11 dead chicks. The ducklings were all alive but one. My guess is that the farm porously put the dead chicks in the box. They also promised the box would be inaulated and it was not. I feel heartbroken about all the dead chicks. If I had know they were going to do this I would never have ordered the ducklings. Here are some pictures as proof. Does anyone know if there is a place where I can report this farm? I believe what they did is inhumane and terrible.

#2 of 2
a few seconds ago
Finny
And again the name of the farm is IDEAL POULTRY.
BackYard Chickens would like to say thank you
to our site Sponsors!

PreviewReply
Ducks

Anyways the two magpies arrived safely and this is what they look like. I know kimkathen wanted to know.

I've ordered from ideal... They are great. You need to let them know what happened. Yes they put extras in for warmth (if you aren't ordering 25 birds) they didn't put dead birds in your box... Something happened. (Post office mishandling is quite probable! Or funky weather.(most likely the weather.) I'm sorry to hear that happened, but it happens sometimes ... Not the the hatcheries fault. Simply call them and let them know what happened.

I just got some baby magpie ducks. Do you know if they are very broody and will hatch their own eggs?
I have a male buff orpinton duck. Lost the female to coyotes.
Does anyone know if the magpies will breed with the buff?
Does anyone have any female buff ducks near Surprise Arizona?

I just got some baby magpie ducks. Do you know if they are very broody and will hatch their own eggs?
I have a male buff orpinton duck. Lost the female to coyotes.
Does anyone know if the magpies will breed with the buff?
Does anyone have any female buff ducks near Surprise Arizona?
I can answer one question ... yes your buff will mate with your magpies, all others will have to be asked here. https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/805687/new-magpie-thread/30

you might want to check your states thread for another Buff It's will be found in the "where am I where are you" very sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom