Infrared Heat emitter bulb

kipepeo

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
NC KS
Thought I saw this on Randall Burkey but is on the shop the coop.com
Has anyone used these? What I found was they are mostly used for reptiles and I wondered how they would work in a coop.

Also radiant heaters who uses them do you like them do they hold up in a dusty situation?

Trenches and wiring being put in this week so need to finalize decisions on how much electric outlets and stuff I need from my other post

nature nut

Songster
10 Years
Aug 3, 2009
Southeast Louisiana
I don't know
hu.gif
so I'm giving you the buuuummmp
wink.png

Last edited:

gryeyes

Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers
10 Years
Sep 22, 2009
My slice of heaven in Somerset, CA
I use an infrared heat lamp - it's what the feed shop had, so I didn't have to sound stupid when asking for one. I've read that the red light may help reduce/prevent feather picking, because the chicks aren't under white light 24/7.

The "other" feed store where I shopped until I actually found a feed store with chicks this time of year said they sell the infrared heat lamps for reptiles AND poultry raising.

kipepeo

Songster
10 Years
May 26, 2009
NC KS
The bulb I am talking about is ceramic and spiralled and does not emitt light only heat

speckledhen

Intentional Solitude
Premium Feather Member
14 Years
Feb 3, 2007
Blue Ridge Mtns. of North Georgia
I'm thinking I recall that they heat only a small area just beneath them, right? May be okay for a brooder, but not for an actual coop. And they are very expensive in the largest sizes-saw them at a petstore.

MANNA-PRO

Top Bottom