Inhereted two silkies from a friends property

Chrischiken

Hatching
Dec 27, 2023
I'm unsure if these are both roosters, I took in the two when my friend passed. I've raised Rhode Island reds before.

I'm have a feeling the grey is a roo I'm unsure on the white.
My only guess on the grey is because of its comb and wattle but it's not a pure silkie.

Thanks for your help, it's greatly appreciated as I live in a residential neighbourhood if it's a roo it will need to go to my other friends property

Attachments

• 20231228_061919.jpg
    20231228_061919.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 20231228_052549.jpg
    20231228_052549.jpg
    457.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 20231227_193512.jpg
    20231227_193512.jpg
    932.6 KB · Views: 24
I'm sorry I can't help with sexing these but it made me want to tear up that you'd help out with your friend's chickens. I know how much that would mean to me. Bless you.

I'm sorry I can't help with sexing these but it made me want to tear up that you'd help out with your friend's chickens. I know how much that would mean to me. Bless you.
Thank you, he had chikens his whole life.The chikens kept him getting up in the morning and moving and I feel that's helped him make it so long and stay healthy.

They were on the property unattended for at least three days so they look a bit rough but they're going to be having a bath and a good feed tonight.

You’re wonderful to take your friends chickens. 🥰 I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. 😞 The white one does look like a pullet. But, the grey one looks more like a rooster. You said the grey one is a mix though. You should have heard some crowing by now, or crowing once they are settled in. They’re both beautiful. I have Silkies as well, and I love them. ❤️

You’re wonderful to take your friends chickens. 🥰 I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. 😞 The white one does look like a pullet. But, the grey one looks more like a rooster. You said the grey one is a mix though. You should have heard some crowing by now, or crowing once they are settled in. They’re both beautiful. I have Silkies as well, and I love them. ❤️
Thankyou, I'm waiting for tomorrow morning to either hear a crow or find an egg so fingers crossed, they're still settling from the car drive and move yesterday

Back
Top Bottom