Inheritance patterns of longcrowing and laughing roosters

UncleChuck

Chirping
Aug 22, 2023
NW Florida
How do I tag MysteryChicken? They answered a similar question back in December 2022 but the hens weren't laying.

I have a little backyard breeding project with a dinosaur theme and I've been tossing around the idea of introducing either a longcrower or laughing rooster, not necessarily for the whole 10-30 second show but definitely for some interesting noises.

I've noticed lots of poultry genetics are incompletely dominant which really piques my curiosity as to what shows up in F1 and F2 crosses. Does anyone have any intentional or accidental crosses? What are their crows like?

How do I tag MysteryChicken? They answered a similar question back in December 2022 but the hens weren't laying.

I have a little backyard breeding project with a dinosaur theme and I've been tossing around the idea of introducing either a longcrower or laughing rooster, not necessarily for the whole 10-30 second show but definitely for some interesting noises.

I've noticed lots of poultry genetics are incompletely dominant which really piques my curiosity as to what shows up in F1 and F2 crosses. Does anyone have any intentional or accidental crosses? What are their crows like?
The inheritance of crowing is something I don't have tons of experience with, haven't dabbled too much in, but have had a rooster with a screaming type crow, pass it down to his son.

I haven't done the specific crossing since my Laughing Chicken turned out to be a Gamefowl, not Ayam Ketawa. Her son doesn't laugh.

The hen is very feisty, so is her son.

The inheritance of crowing is something I don't have tons of experience with, haven't dabbled too much in, but have had a rooster with a screaming type crow, pass it down to his son.

I haven't done the specific crossing since my Laughing Chicken turned out to be a Gamefowl, not Ayam Ketawa. Her son doesn't laugh.

The hen is very feisty, so is her son.
Thank you for the response.

Dang, my sympathies for the mix up!

Back
Top Bottom