Injured baby buff HELP

tobs96

Hatching
Apr 10, 2016
Hi,
I'm a new owner of 2 Buff goslings. They came in today and one is MISSING A WING. The box was covered in dried blood and the goose only has a stub. It still looks fresh and I'm u sure how to treat it? Neosporin? I'm feeding it electrolytes and probiotics but don't want to put anything on it that was hurt her or the other goose. I spoke with the hatchery they are sending me new babies and apologized.. maybe thinking it could have got chewed off by the other t? Or stuck in the hole of the box?? Any advice for bandaging or treating would be appreciated!!

Hi,
I'm a new owner of 2 Buff goslings. They came in today and one is MISSING A WING. The box was covered in dried blood and the goose only has a stub. It still looks fresh and I'm u sure how to treat it? Neosporin? I'm feeding it electrolytes and probiotics but don't want to put anything on it that was hurt her or the other goose. I spoke with the hatchery they are sending me new babies and apologized.. maybe thinking it could have got chewed off by the other t? Or stuck in the hole of the box?? Any advice for bandaging or treating would be appreciated!!

I don't have much advice as I'm sure the more experienced folks will chime in. I have had GREAT results with Vetericyn Spray and they have one made specifically for poultry. Vitamins and electrolytes in water won't hurt. Just want to share this little advice. Try to keep him dry and warm. Wishing you the best of luck

Yes ma'am I've heard of that. Unfortunately, it's Wednesday in our tiny town and everything is
closed. I'm hoping peroxide will do the trick for now

Back
Top Bottom