Cbutler

Songster
6 Years
Nov 6, 2017
We have a duck with lameness after getting caught in a rope. We have metacam and Rimadyl at home. Which is the go to and dosing?
I’m currently Covid positive so I can’t bring her into her vet for X-rays so I’m trying to make her comfortable until I can but I feel horrible for her

What is her issue? She can't move? I'm not sure about doses, but rest and plenty of fresh water should help. If you can, I would get her some nutri-drench to give her a boost. Is she eating?

We’re doing work on their enclosure and was using twin to hold up part of it temporarily. When I went to let them out to free range she didn’t get up. She is broody and there’s a nest next to her. I assumed she was laying on them until I walked over and she was tangled in it.
She isn’t walked, if she does she’s just toe touching and using her wing to balance.
She’s now been inside resting for 2 days and doesn’t seem to be getting better. It’s her right leg photo

Attachments

• F1E6D804-6E2A-4CBB-9FBF-2D71D1EC3099.jpeg
    F1E6D804-6E2A-4CBB-9FBF-2D71D1EC3099.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 6
  • 97512869-2A12-4C1B-A4D2-EB4296D13461.jpeg
    97512869-2A12-4C1B-A4D2-EB4296D13461.jpeg
    390.9 KB · Views: 6
Her left leg (from looking at the picture” is actually fine. No swelling and she’s fully weight bearing on it. Gonna start Metacam and schedule xrays if that doesn’t work, have someone bring her for me

Try some Epson salt soaks. using warm water mixing in the Epsom salt. dose on the container. I use a bucket but since she isn't standing you can use a plastic dishpan I bought one for a dollar at dollar tree. A muscovy will fit in laying down and they can't get to the water to drink it which you don't want them doing since ES is also a laxative. I lay a towel over the top of them to keep them in while sitting with them. Hopefully taking Metacam and ES Soaks plus rest will get her back up and going. please keep us updated.

Back
Top Bottom