Injured girlie is this a fox attack?? Picture in text

Strawberrybex

Hatching
Mar 26, 2018
Suffolk
Our little girl Molly was attacked tonight. We have cleaned the wounds and put her back to bed. We put them in the pen and when we went to lock the hutches it seems something still got her. We have 8 girls all together and the others are fine. Molly is our friendliest - is this a fox? Very worried mother hen

Attachments

• 0988D6EF-1C7A-49FF-B010-A1E63419707C.jpeg
    0988D6EF-1C7A-49FF-B010-A1E63419707C.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 14
How awful, so sorry. Poor girl. What predators are known to be around your area? It would be good if you could put your location on your info! :thumbsup Then we'll be able to hopefully tell :)

Hi. Sorry. New to this. We are in Suffolk England. A neighbour has seen a fox around but we have been vigilant and lock the girls up. We are surrounded by fields.
No problem at all! Ahh okay, then in that case it sounds like a fox attack.
Ill see what the others say though, wait around a bit they'll come and check this out no doubt!

Not being in England I am not terribly familiar with your predators as I'm in Wisconsin USA. However with our birds when we have had a couple injured in that way it was much more likely to be a member of the weasel family. (In particular a mink.)

Was she locked in the pen or coop?

Are the walls wooden or wire?

Not being in England I am not terribly familiar with your predators as I'm in Wisconsin USA. However with our birds when we have had a couple injured in that way it was much more likely to be a member of the weasel family. (In particular a mink.)

Was she locked in the pen or coop?

Are the walls wooden or wire?

Thank you for your reply - the girls were locked in the pen which has wire walls.

Back
Top Bottom