Injured Pigeon found on terrace, what to do?

Discussion in 'Pigeons and Doves' started by akh, Jun 20, 2011.

1. akh

akh Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    We found this beautiful injured pigeon on our terrace, he's hardly moving, when he does he sort of hobbles, not able to fly or walk. Starts shaking sometimes, the leg is perhaps broken. Please see the pictures,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

He's drinking water and eating pearl millets we've put in front of him.

Please help.

2. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    It looks like at least one leg is broken. It'd be good to clean the feet with warm soapy water so you can get a better look at any wounds. Does the bird have a band? Where are you located? It looks like one of my bandless saddles that got lost earlier this year.

3. akh

akh Out Of The Brooder

Jun 16, 2011
    Hi Mary, I am in Delhi, India! [​IMG] yeah i too felt its leg didn't look too good. We called a vet, but he had called it a day and asked us to give it some painkiller and to bring it over the next day, but then a neighbour came knocking and said his pigeon was on our terrace, we thought he was talking about this one, but it turned out there was another one as well! He took both anyway, hope he nurses him back. In this part of the world people usually don't band pigeons. Perhaps they are pretty loyal [​IMG]

4. Mary Of Exeter

Mary Of Exeter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2009
    Rowan County, NC
    I hope they turn out okay! [​IMG]

5. cochinGurl

cochinGurl Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2010
    bellingham
    i will be a butiful bird when its all cleaned up, looks like a mini seagull [​IMG]

6. Lofty Dreams

Lofty Dreams Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Minnesota
    I hope its okay you should try to find the person who said it was his just wondering how he/she is doing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by