Injured Rooster! Please Help! Ripped off head feathers! Closed eye! Dried Blood! (PICTURES)

FluffySilkie

Songster
Sep 11, 2020
My rooster is severely hurt it breaks my heart to see him like this I need advice ASAP please! So he got into a fight with his brother and he is badly hurt he has so many wounds! Can I use betadine? (Picture down below) or Curaseb it is intended for dogs, but I don’t know if it’s ok for him (Picture down below). I’m afraid I can’t get any special sprays/ointments, i mean I can order them but I cannot get them today. Please help my roo!

image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    796.9 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    499.4 KB · Views: 4
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    801.3 KB · Views: 11
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    681.1 KB · Views: 10
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    538.5 KB · Views: 10
My rooster is severely hurt it breaks my heart to see him like this I need advice ASAP please! So he got into a fight with his brother and he is badly hurt he has so many wounds! Can I use betadine? (Picture down below) or Curaseb it is intended for dogs, but I don’t know if it’s ok for him (Picture down below). I’m afraid I can’t get any special sprays/ointments, i mean I can order them but I cannot get them today. Please help my roo!

View attachment 2614872
I wouldnt spray anything on his head that would potentially get in his eye. All I can see from the photos is he's missing a few head feathers. Id seperate him and use triple antibiotic on his head and rinse out him one eye with saline. Hes not gonna like any of that so wrap him in a towel first. You then might have to address how many roos you want to keep 😕

I wouldnt spray anything on his head that would potentially get in his eye. All I can see from the photos is he's missing a few head feathers. Id seperate him and use triple antibiotic on his head and rinse out him one eye with saline. Hes not gonna like any of that so wrap him in a towel first. You then might have to address how many roos you want to keep 😕
Ok. I’ll see if we have any

View attachment 2614872
If you have cotton pads spray the betadine to the pads and dab the cotton on his skin avoid eyes and nostrils. Then use a cotton swab with neosporin and apply to injury. He should be fine, keep him isolated while he heals.

If you have cotton pads spray the betadine to the pads and dab the cotton on his skin avoid eyes and nostrils. Then use a cotton swab with neosporin and apply to injury. He should be fine, keep him isolated while he heals.
Ok will do!

It looks way worse than it is. Get some nice warm water and clean him up. Give him a few kisses and put him in a warm place by himself overnight. Now is a good time to think: Which rooster do I keep and / or if I HAD to pick one which ONE would I want to keep?

I am the poster child for wanting to keep 20 roosters. They are all charming. You get to keep ONE per coop. That's it. Make a decision and handle it.

This is my advice. Ignore it at your peril. Good luck!!

It looks way worse than it is. Get some nice warm water and clean him up. Give him a few kisses and put him in a warm place by himself overnight. Now is a good time to think: Which rooster do I keep and / or if I HAD to pick one which ONE would I want to keep?

I am the poster child for wanting to keep 20 roosters. They are all charming. You get to keep ONE per coop. That's it. Make a decision and handle it.

This is my advice. Ignore it at your peril. Good luck!!

Thank you! We were planning to give both away. So choosing will not be a problem, there is a nice big farm of a friend they will go to. Thank you for this reply it has put me at ease, by no means will I ignore it! :hugs

Back
Top Bottom