Injured wild duck death - why!?

mae2812

Hatching
Dec 24, 2016
You
Hi I actually found a wild duck by the road today it looked injured as it couldn't lift it's wings off the ground and was struggling to walk. It was clearly distressed however I approached it carefully, wrapped my Tshirt around it and picked it up to take it to a vet. Once I picked it up it seemed relaxed and comfortable however on the way to the vet it seemed to fade away and it died within 10 minutes. There were no visible wounds and I'm wondering how it may have died? Could I have scared it to death by picking it up?

No, it probably had internal injuries....Possibly hit by a car.......Nice of you to be with the Duck as it passed......

Merry Christmas

Cheers!
x2 - it's unlikely the stress of handling was the cause. It sounded like it was in bad shape when you found it. Sorry to hear that it didn't make it.

Thank you for trying to help...may you be rewarded with good karma for your kindness.

welcome-byc.gif
As the others have said, the duck was either physically injured or suffering from terminal illness when you found it. Thanks for trying.

Back
Top Bottom