Input please!

Vetericyn wound spray, 2% chlorhexidene (Hibiclens 50%, water 50%,) and plain antibiotic ointment are best for wound care. Chicks can heal quickly, but it may have been pecked or hurt because the broody thought something was wrong with it. Hopefully, you can save the little one.
At this point I’m somewhere between until it’s dead it’s live and I am happy for it to tell me if it wants to live or to die. Until it tells me otherwise, I am just trying to keep all conditions possible for life❤️ I will keep those meds on standby! Antibiotic ointment is going on every hour and a half to two to keep the wound moist

Usually twice a day is good for plain Neosporin. The ingredient that helps keep it moist is petroleum jelly, but too much Neomycin antibiotic (one of the 3 ingredients) can be a bad thing.
Ok, I will back off on the application, sometimes it looks dry and that concerns me so I apply a dab more on the elbow as it seems to be the most prominent area to dry out. Would petroleum jelly work as interim between antibiotic ointment?

Update for Friday 8/6
I got Schrodie a mirror to help encourage the desire to eat and it seems to be helpful for both seeing the reflection of eating and snuggling up to the “other” bird. Bedding change, Vaseline between antibiotic ointment application and wet chick starter along with some scrambled eggs have the little critter quite perky. I do wish I could pick Schrodie up and snuggle up close because there is a giant need for interaction on the chicks part. Lots of finger pets but always the attempt to climb into my hand😞
Thank you all so much for your input and boosts that I may be able to be successful. There’s a lot of try in this little bird!

Attachments

• F9D50EC4-3E4B-4F67-981F-019FA84D82C6.jpeg
    F9D50EC4-3E4B-4F67-981F-019FA84D82C6.jpeg
    345.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 51DEB5C8-523B-4E98-BC2D-1EFBAEC2D7A7.jpeg
    51DEB5C8-523B-4E98-BC2D-1EFBAEC2D7A7.jpeg
    219.4 KB · Views: 2
  • 50B87C34-997B-41E6-8DF4-4EED0125F54C.jpeg
    50B87C34-997B-41E6-8DF4-4EED0125F54C.jpeg
    237.4 KB · Views: 2
Update for Friday 8/6
I got Schrodie a mirror to help encourage the desire to eat and it seems to be helpful for both seeing the reflection of eating and snuggling up to the “other” bird. Bedding change, Vaseline between antibiotic ointment application and wet chick starter along with some scrambled eggs have the little critter quite perky. I do wish I could pick Schrodie up and snuggle up close because there is a giant need for interaction on the chicks part. Lots of finger pets but always the attempt to climb into my hand😞
Thank you all so much for your input and boosts that I may be able to be successful. There’s a lot of try in this little bird!
How precious ♥️

Update for Friday 8/6
How is Schrodie today? I just caught up with the thread, seems you are doing everything to help. Hope he is doing well ❤

Back
Top Bottom