Inspection Day in Weymouth...UGH!!!

I was just thinking 'hide them in the closet'....

I guess I need to ask this question about permits!

Let's say, (just hypothetically ) that a permit is required where you live, and you don't get one. What happens if the inspector comes to your house?

Glad you got thru another year.
smile.png
Are you "allowed" any other chooks, or are you with only Obelisk?

Ernie says I can only have Obelisk...
sad.png

If you don't get the permit, they don't know you have chickens...unless a neighbour with an axe to grind rats you out...

Since I have to get a permit every year at the whopping cost of $5, I get inspected by the Dog Officer. He's a great guy...so I don't mind at all. I was going to work on the porch tomorrow because I had the feeling it was nearing "that time".

Chicabee, you'd probably have to get the permit or get a fine...

I'd stuff the extras in a closet or a bedroom, Debi...and play dumb...
wink.png
Not a stretch in my case. LOL

Inspections...well, I guess if the person doing the inspecting was a decent sort it would be okay. But if you get stuck with one of the other types, what a nightmare!

Quote:
We have a rule that you can have farm animals without a permit if you have five acres. Otherwise, the animal control officer can seize the animals if a neighbor complains. We have just shy of five acres so I didn't bother. I "hide" them in a field in chicken tractors. My neighbors are thrilled to have them around and one of the tractors is on their property right now because they want a fertilized area. Another neighbor keeps a horse on about 1/4 acre without a permit so I know they won't complain. I know that many people around here have backup plans with neighbors who have acreage in the event that someone shows up at their house to seize the animals - the neighbor with the acreage claims the animals!

Back
Top Bottom