Integrating new hen

Dovethesilkie

Chirping
Aug 12, 2021
If you want to get to the point stop at the end of this paragraph if you want to hear the story behind this continue reading I’m going to be integrating a full grown hen into my flock next weekend I currently have a flock of ten I have only integrated pullets and cHicks before any tips or help would be great

so the story behind this is my pap Lamey raised chickens on the family farm for egg production he would usually get red sex links but got sebrights for me one year they are no longer with us but unfortunately my pap died from covid this December he was 90 but now my family has all these chickens my uncle took over the farm but put the chickens in a new updated pen with a smaller run so there are a lot in a smaller space in memory of my pap I will be taking one of the hens with me in my flock so I will have a little piece of him I have 10 chickens already the new one is 1 year old I need help with a name for her as well so if you read all of this u can help me name her my pap was in the army and loved his family thank you for reading all of this if you did

If you don't have space for 2 more birds you're probably short on space for integration as well, as that eats up more than the "minimum" space you often see on here.

Is there any way you can expand your set up so you can safely integrate (not fit) 2 more birds? Or if push comes to shove (as I understand you'd really like to take in a bird because of sentimental reasons), can you make a separate coop/run for a pair of new birds, and skip the integration?

If you want to get to the point stop at the end of this paragraph if you want to hear the story behind this continue reading I’m going to be integrating a full grown hen into my flock next weekend I currently have a flock of ten I have only integrated pullets and cHicks before any tips or help would be great

so the story behind this is my pap Lamey raised chickens on the family farm for egg production he would usually get red sex links but got sebrights for me one year they are no longer with us but unfortunately my pap died from covid this December he was 90 but now my family has all these chickens my uncle took over the farm but put the chickens in a new updated pen with a smaller run so there are a lot in a smaller space in memory of my pap I will be taking one of the hens with me in my flock so I will have a little piece of him I have 10 chickens already the new one is 1 year old I need help with a name for her as well so if you read all of this u can help me name her my pap was in the army and loved his family thank you for reading all of this if you did
Can we see a pic of her to help w a good name? I’m sorry about your pap. Keeping a piece of him that way is a great way to keep his memory alive. ❤️

Back
Top Bottom