Integrating Salmon Faverolles

Good luck, I love my Faverolle. Shes so sweet and soft (soft tempered, but also very soft.. LOL)..

View attachment 2543455
Beautiful! Thanks for sharing her with me! Chicks are cute and all, but I can’t wait for mine to be grown - I just love watching their little fluffy bottoms roam around the yard. Plus I hear Faverolles are especially friendly and attached to their humans ♥️

She follows me around the yard, she is super attached to me.
Screenshot 2021-02-24 at 12.57.41 PM.png

I didn't have any more difficulty integrating a Faverolle compared to any other breed. Maybe it's because the other chicks were all different breeds, so she just followed along with their lead? Now that she's close to full grown she's not any more passive than the other birds I have, but does have a tendency to follow me around and demand attention. :)

I didn't have any more difficulty integrating a Faverolle compared to any other breed. Maybe it's because the other chicks were all different breeds, so she just followed along with their lead? Now that she's close to full grown she's not any more passive than the other birds I have, but does have a tendency to follow me around and demand attention. :)
Good to know! I love all their different little (and big!) personalities. Never a full moment as a chicken Mama 😍

What cute chicks. Have you out Poppy and Pearl in with your other chickens? How has it worked out, if so?
We have not, we have a separate small coop for them, for now. It’s been cold and snowy, so I haven’t even given them much yard time yet. Once I do, I plan on letting the girls mingle outside first and see how it goes, before changing living arrangements 😬
9B80AF7D-1532-475A-A06C-D41B4B534C34.jpeg
5A784568-F1E3-4F76-92F6-28D83E1B449E.jpeg
EC9E36FF-2B97-4E75-A95B-4A8FAECA2952.jpeg

They are so cute. We will be getting three Salmon Faverolles this week. They will be our only chickens. I am looking forward to hearing how your girls do.

Quick update on my girls. We’ve been slowly introducing them to our flock, and so far so good. They still sleep in their own separate coop, but have been socializing in the yard with the older hens.
On a funny note - we got and named these girls as day olds, not knowing their coloring other than what the breed would indicate. Turns out Pearl‘s beard is white, while Poppy‘s is black! 😅
D4A4628B-EEEE-4B3F-8D5A-5EA1C446E9C8.jpeg
6269F623-DDC3-452B-B016-8B5B4F0428CC.jpeg

Quick update on my girls. We’ve been slowly introducing them to our flock, and so far so good. They still sleep in their own separate coop, but have been socializing in the yard with the older hens.
On a funny note - we got and named these girls as day olds, not knowing their coloring other than what the breed would indicate. Turns out Pearl‘s beard is white, while Poppy‘s is black! 😅View attachment 2622017View attachment 2622019
I love those eyes. You have some nice looking girls. I finally got my 3 Faverolles this week, on April 16th. Hope they turn out as nice as yours.

Back
Top Bottom