Interesting read, explains a lot

Quote:
I think it's going to be more the progressive left who are going to be the deciding factor in Obama's future. Right now they don't seem too pleased with him. I wish I could find the link with the interview I got this impression from. . . but alas, it escapes me
hmm.png

Yes his base isn't very happy with him. He is very centrist and they don't like that. His base might stay home vs voting for anyone in 2012. They need to realize they can't get everything they want. There has to be compromise. He and the Congress have accomplished a lot in 2 years.

As for the study. Stupidity is a bad term to be using. Stupidity and misinformed are 2 totally different things. All the listed things that the respondents believe are provably false. It's not a matter of opinion. All you have to do is check actual facts. The only one that can even be debated is the birther issue. However the Republican Governor in his birth state says the BC is authentic. That would be good enough for any other President we have ever had. I don't remember anyone asking Reagan or Bush to prove they were American citizens. I can't blame Obama. I would tell the birthers to stuff it too.

Quote:
I think it's going to be more the progressive left who are going to be the deciding factor in Obama's future. Right now they don't seem too pleased with him. I wish I could find the link with the interview I got this impression from. . . but alas, it escapes me
hmm.png

Yes his base isn't very happy with him. He is very centrist and they don't like that. His base might stay home vs voting for anyone in 2012. They need to realize they can't get everything they want. There has to be compromise. He and the Congress have accomplished a lot in 2 years.

As for the study. Stupidity is a bad term to be using. Stupidity and misinformed are 2 totally different things. All the listed things that the respondents believe are provably false. It's not a matter of opinion. All you have to do is check actual facts. The only one that can even be debated is the birther issue. However the Republican Governor in his birth state says the BC is authentic. That would be good enough for any other President we have ever had. I don't remember anyone asking Reagan or Bush to prove they were American citizens. I can't blame Obama. I would tell the birthers to stuff it too.

Unfortunately there seems to way to many people that don't understand the Hawaii is a US state. Having read many threads here on BYC. There are people that don't believe that New Mexico, and Alaska are states also. It blows my mind that there is that much ignorance, in people that have been educated in this country.

Quote:
I agree completely. McCain would have tried to cut SS and welfare as well as food stamps by now. The health care package would be non existent. However the current health care plan isn't much different that what we already had. Bush tax cuts would have been extended just like now. the military would still be discriminating against one group. Wall Street would still be unregulated and trying their best to put us back in the ditch. Other than that it's hard to say what would have been different.

As for politics in general. Both parties are after power and a lot of money. Some politicians actually care about the country. Not many though. I think Obama is one of them. He just didn't know what he was going to be up against and had a bunch of pipe dreams going in. Now he knows that Washington politics are set in stone and can't be changed. That's why he looks like a defeated man. He is.

Unfortunately there seems to way to many people that don't understand the Hawaii is a US state. Having read many threads here on BYC. There are people that don't believe that New Mexico, and Alaska are states also

You're kidding, right? They weren't saying Hawaii wasn't a state, but that he was born in Kenya, not Hawaii at all. That was the issue. I'm pretty sure most everyione in the U.S. knows Hawaii is a state.
hmm.png

Quote:
You're kidding, right? They weren't saying Hawaii wasn't a state, but that he was born in Kenya, not Hawaii at all. I'm pretty sure most everyione in the U.S. knows Hawaii is a state.
hmm.png

Unfortunately I am not kidding. I have crossed way to many stories from others that have run into the same type of poorly educated people that just don't seem to have any knowledge of geography. I have met some of these people too. I find that once you start chatting with people that live in some of these states, that the stories start about how much trouble it can be when you are trying to get things done, and the other person refuses believe that you really live in the US.
he.gif

I understand that some people could assume that because Obama's father was a Kenyan citizen, and that somehow that would make Obama who was born in Hawaii a citizen on Kenya. My DH was born in the US to parents that were still British citizens at the time. DH could have claimed duel citizenship up until he was 18. It would be possible for Obama to have been subject to the same thing as my DH. I still wish that DH had some how kept his duel citizenship.

Actually, it was because Obama's own grandmother gave an interview where she mentioned that she was at his birth in Kenya. I saw it myself. That one disappeared fast! So, that was why they got the idea that he was born there, because his grandmother said so. I'm not debating it, just clarifying the reason the whole thing started.

It's not that people that only watch Faux News are stupid, it IS that they are misinformed- which can make them appear quite stupid to educated people. Repeating a lie over and over again on an oil- company- sponsored tv station doesn't make something true.

NPR is a perfect example- if you think NPR is biased, then you obviously know nothing about NPR or where it's funding comes from or the standards they set for their journalists. Is PBS biased? Is Big Bird a bleeding heart?

If you think Fox News is accurate, then you must not know much about the Koch brothers.

1* 91 percent believe the stimulus legislation lost jobs
2* 72 percent believe the health reform law will increase the deficit
3* 72 percent believe the economy is getting worse
4* 60 percent believe climate change is not occurring
5* 49 percent believe income taxes have gone up
6* 63 percent believe the stimulus legislation did not include any tax cuts
7* 56 percent believe Obama initiated the GM/Chrysler bailout
8* 38 percent believe that most Republicans opposed TARP
9* 63 percent believe Obama was not born in the U.S. (or that it is unclear)

1-Just believe that the jobs it did create cost a LOT more than necessary.
2-Entirely possible, but since it hasn't yet happened it's a little dumb to assume either way.
3-Not particularly, but Texas hasn't been hit as hard as other states so maybe I'm biased?
4-It is, I just don't think man, god-like as we try to be, has all that much say in the matter.
5-Taxes in general, maybe, IRS, maybe. Average Joe can't wade through all of it to know. Love to see that change.
6-Pfft, EVERY bill has earmarks that benefit someone's agenda...
7-Don't care who started it, gov't shouldn't be bailing private businesses out. NOT the American way.
8-Do the other 62% even know what TARP is?
9-Haven't a clue, I wasn't there. But I hardly think the R's would have stood by if they had proof otherwise!

I wanna know the % of people who actually pay to watch the news when they could view it free online... THAT to me is stupid... wasteful... and in a recession no less... THAT I would find interesting... this is just plain goofy.

X% (not claiming to know) SAY they believe that a god came to earth and artificially inseminated a human to create a demigod who went around performing great acts for man kind... so really, compared to that, believing that the IRS is gonna getcha isn't all that shocking.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom