Interesting read, explains a lot

And everyone should know who the Koch brothers are.

There again, a pet peeve of mine--telling me what I should know, who I should know and what causes I should support and how I should feel guilty about not taking up that cause. I don't care who the Koch brothers are. I avoid most of the news since it concerns things about which I can do nothing. I am all for self-preservation and sanity, as well as individualism. Listening to the news makes me teeter on the edge. I hate politics. I hate talk radio, no matter if it leans left or right. Generally, I don't like people at all.

As far as the birth certificate, I only said what the skepticism about his birth in Hawaii was based on--wasn't making any point about it one way or the other. It's a moot point at this time anyway. He's been ensconced in the White House for two years now. I hope we have a real choice in the next election since there was no good one in the last.
hmm.png

Dvorkin was the one at NPR before the current ombudsman, if I'm not mistaken. I lost the reference or I'd post it for you. All media is biased so you can never really know where the truth lies unless you see it with your own eyes, and even then, it may not be what you think. I don't want to talk about NPR, Obama or whoever/whatever to do with politics and our sinking society and I regret being sucked into it. Going back to my home planet now, where things make sense.

BTW, I looked up the Koch brothers since I had never heard the name and even then, it didn't ring a bell-not sure why they matter anymore than any other rich men with political agendas.
hu.gif
Rich men with political agendas, hmm, that's never happened before!
wink.png

They passed a lot of bills this last 2 weeks. The lame duck took off and flew like an eagle. Everything they passed had at least 70% of the population behind it. I'm glad they got some help for the first responders and all those people across the country that helped dig bodies out from the rubble.

Breaking News: Fox News lying to viewers, Fox viewers rush to defend lies.

I find it interesting that a lot of Fox viewers are attacking the study, people sharing the study, other news networks, etc. Everything except being upset that their primary news network is feeding them bull pucky.

Quote:
What else would you expect? Why confuse things with the facts...
lau.gif

I do feel the title IS stupid, and not a good way to get fox news watchers to wake up. Heck I find it offensive and I ain't seen TV in a long time.. Let alone watch that garbage on fox.

I just can not let the global warming thing go......... I do not see what is so difficult to wrap our little human brains around it.... We pump hydrocarbons up from the ground that were locked when the earth was a much warmer different planet, and release them in the air, it is going to cause climate change. (Simple fact)....

We now have to call it climate change, because some folks can not seem to understand that that global warming actually can cause cooling in some regions, even though greenhouse gasses are causing the average global temp to increase.

Now IMO it is fair to argue the impact of those changes... But ludicrous to deny them completely...

I contest our species is no smarter than amphibians..........................................................Ya know the old saying put a frog in a pot of boiling water and it jumps out.... Now put that frog in comfortable water and turn up the heat... What do you get? Boiled frog:D

barnie.gif

ON

Last edited:
I just can not let the global warming thing go......... I do not see what is so difficult to wrap our little human brains around it.... We pump hydrocarbons up from the ground that were locked when the earth was a much warmer different planet, and release them in the air, it is going to cause climate change. (Simple fact)....

I agree, we are polluting our planet, and new, efficient ways of operating the things we use are essential if we are to maintain the optimum health of our world.

Still, climate change has happened before, and there were no huge coal factories or gas guzzling hummers. We spend so much time examining our all-important impact on the climate (which hasn't even been going on for a blink of an eye in this planet's time, even if you believe the earth has only been around a few thousand years). I'm no scientist, but I will remain humble and say that we do have an impact on our environment, for better or worse, but I still don't think we can fix it. We can eliminate our part in the equation, but nature's role in this is not something I want to mess with.​

I think the only scientist out there that disagree about global warming being man made are employed by Fox news or other people that stand to lose a lot of money if people finally wake up. Fox of course just represents these people and makes a lot of money doing it.

Well I AM a scientist, even if I'm on extended hiatus. The US is the only country IN THE WORLD (and this is a GLOBAL issue) that has such "deniers". But then again, the US is one of the few countries where corporations can sponsor the news we are fed.

They are making more progress in Iran and Afghanistan to combat climate change than we are. That is so very sad.

Quote:
I am always shocked and disappointed at how myopic the "majority" of Americans are... It seems if they never look at what the outside world is doing...(Like Fox news is going to show that.......
lau.gif
)
(Spain is kicking our butt in solar technology, heck our military buys solar technology from Spain...
hmm.png
) Heck look what the Japanese did to our auto manufactures.. (No, we stuck our head in the sand and ignored the trends then one day they all go broke and need to be bailed out because they did not invest in the R&D needed to improve their technology..)
barnie.gif

We stand very isolated and opposed to the rest of the civilized world in many areas... Sad we are falling behind in so many technology areas...Sad indeed..

ON

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom