Interesting thing my vet told us tonight about dogs and allergies.

Quote:
So very, very true. Did it for a gelding and discovered he was allergic to the oats in his feed and the shavings in his stall. No wonder the poor guy was so miserable! Once we fixed that, he became a happy camper--180 degree change in his health AND his attitude! It sounds expensive to do--until you compute the costs of all the "false tries" that don't help at all. Then it is not expensive at all!

Rusty

Quote:
It sounds expensive to do--until you compute the costs of all the "false tries" that don't help at all. Then it is not expensive at all!

Rusty

Exactly!!!!

Quote:
I haven't heard of washing with Selsun Blue. I found a puppy shampoo recipe for itchy skin that works well. If anyone wants to recipe, I will post it.

sure! I'll take the recipe for the shampoo! thanks!

SHAMPOO FOR DOGS ITCHY SKIN

I found this as I was researching for my dogs itchy skin issues but I cannot remember what web site it was on. It was listed as Puppy shampoo but it works really well. You can add scents if you want but I did not.

4 cups water
1 cup apple cider vinegar
1 cup dish soap (I use Dr. Bonner's castile soap)
1/3 cup glycerin

Shake to mix well before using.

Quote:
HI his name is Duke... but my female Saints name is Daisy...hee hee Pretty neat!
big_smile.png

I didn't know until I e-mailed them a while ago (TOTW) and received a reply from a "@diamondpetfoods.com" address. Pretty sneaky!

Quote:
Your vet should meet my dog, and my last one. My current dog cannot eat chicken. He even gets sick if he eats cat poop because there is chicken in their cat food. My last dog just about went bald from allergies to grain in his food. Most of the people that I know that feed cheaper brands of dog food have dogs with skin trouble. I know there are exceptions, but that hasn't been my experience. BTW my dog does get ear infections that may be related to seasonal allergies, so I know that happens too.

Last edited:
Quote:
somad.gif
I did not know that! I am am glad that I stuck with Solid Gold!!

I wanted to go with Solid Gold and NOT Taste of the Wild, but I need a grain free diet and Solid Gold didn't offer that, except for their Barking at the Moon line which is too high in protein for my old poodles and the price was almost $65 for 33 lbs!! I'm always looking for a better food but I did get immediate results from the Taste of the Wild - I guess the grain free part is the most important.

I also feed some cans of Natures Balance Fish (grain free) sometimes for breakfast and that too has been going over very well.

Back
Top Bottom