International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

img_20181023_084732776-jpg.1568828

@Fanci Feathers Marans
he is lovely . he is big for a six months old .imagine him at 18 mnoths old when fully mature .
love every thing about him except his comb . could be fixed .
the most important thing on the marans rooster { breeder bird not a show type}is his body type . your has that.
his body color and color pattern = yours has that too .gorgeous body color 10/10.

love the color of his feet not too dark .

chooks man

PS = need to be mated to a hen with a small gorgeous comb .even if she is black.

img_20181023_091927240-jpg.1568830

@Fanci Feathers Marans
his comb is his problem
too many point 8 . 5/6 will be great .
the 4 point and the 5th both have double point .

the back of the comb is actually nice ,could be more tidy but that alright .well lifted at the end .no touching the neck .

for me the comb is the last thing to fix when breeding chooks .easy work 2 generation at max and the problem will be fixed .
body type and body color are far too hard to fix .

your rooster has them both .great body type and sublime body color .gorgeous head and feet too .

chooks man.

name him well

I have a couple pullets that just started laying, but none of my breeders are laying. I am enjoying my break from hatching though. lol

I would too, if I could actually manage to shut my incubator down! I have silkies/showgirls due on Thanksgiving day. Had an opportunity come up that I couldn't pass up lol

very funny .one of you is trying to clean the chooks run from the leaves and the other is trying to bring any leaves she can find to the chooks run. Hahaaaaaaaaa
it is nicer if you where close to each other .

chooks man

Oh if only I could actually use my leaves for the run this year! We have SO many everywhere! But rain, rain, rain, every other day :/ Everything's a huge muddy mess. We haven't been able to mow the grass, let alone pick up a single leaf!

img_20181023_091927240-jpg.1568830

@Fanci Feathers Marans
correct Ears lobe .medium size and red colored . great
correct Ears tufts . copper . his daughters will have a nice hackles .
correct eyes color .bright orange .he ll pass that to his progeny .
AND Gorgeous Wattles . medium size .well round .great texture . free from any folding or deformity .
correct beak .strong ,short and nicely horn colored

very pretty head for sure .

chooks man

lucky you that you have leaves! there are plenty of bugs under there for chickens. I try to collect any leaves I can find and put them in the run.
I piled it about 2 ft deep in the runs. They will shred that down in about a week. I make deep litter in the run and the coop. Love it- only have to clean out the coop about ever 6 months. No odor at all. Looks and feels like mulch :)

WOW those are high quality Black copper marans .they are a same quality to Monique Berte { the French marans breeder } chooks . number 1 breeder in the world .

I ll go through them one by one . I have to comment on them .

Where you got them from ? refresh my mind please?

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom