International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

IMG_4143.JPG
IMG_4127.JPG
So if you spend your day raking leaves in a pile you may want to pick them up before you walk away. Or you rake twice.
IMG_4132.JPG

Hi every one .
back from Europe last week .4 months away .

going to restart again my marans flock . only have 6 roosters . I see what I m going to do with them .
restarting a flock with 6 roosters ,I really need some magic to happen if I m going to see any chicks .hahahhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

nice to be back
chooks man
What a nice surprise! I hope you been well in your travels.

Welcome back @Chooks man ! We've all missed your wisdom and expertise! Good hear that you'll be starting your flock again.

thank you .
me I missed every thing in OZ land ,my chooks and my animal.
I missed you all as well .
I have been very busy with a study .
I went very deep into chooks genetic and breeding .there is a lot things I didn t know about .
now all good .up dated program .a lot new thing I ll tell guys about as we go .

happy to be back .

chooks man

20181104_153241-jpg.1581189

@kfelton0002 she is gorgeous . I love every thing about her .
body type great
body color great
head great
neck great
back great
tail great
wings great well tucked in
chest .great well deep
feet and shank .great .short ,well colored and feathered .
body plumage .pure black . free from any fluff ,sheen only on the upper part of the body { back and wings}and free from any mossiness.
body carriage great .alert ,sharp not goofy .

what she is lucking is a good eyes ,coomb and mass
her eyes nothing you can do about them .
her comb is not great neither bad ,she ll lose few points for sure .no many
the real problem is her mass . need at least a pound .

to fix that .put her in a confine place .like a show cage and feed her properly for a couples of weeks and see if she gain any weight . if it is her genetic make up she ll stay a same . if just because she was free ranging ,than she ll put some weight .

chooks man

Hooray!!! CHOOKS MAN IS BACK
Your knowledge is so deep and extensive in the Marans breeding. I was feeling pretty down and this thread has been a little lax in the A,B,C's of breeding without you. I am on my first set of birds that I want to call mine! They have all stopped laying, as winter is coming fast in the Pacific North West. Washing State. We are down to about 10 hours of daylight. Plenty of time for reading and learning. Welcome back Chooks Man

thank you .
it is a time of a year .they need break .and new costumes .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom