International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Chooks man

Free Ranging
Nov 12, 2015
Australia NSW
I do not feed a medicated food. However, the entire flock is currently being treated with Corid as a precaution because we found blood in stool of one bird in another of our coops. They are 8 days into the treatment. Regarding the Marans, they have not displayed any symptoms. Stools have all been normal.
We are now about 40 hours past finding her. She's still holding on. Last night I managed to drop a little bit of Nutri-drench on her beak. It was just a drop but she seemed to take it. This morning she's been opening her eyes, chirping a little, and responding to me. Right now she is sleeping with her head tucked (kinda) under her wing. She's still not eating or drinking but I made some oatmeal and she ran her beak through it. It was a reaction to me petting her. I think she swallowed a little but I'm not sure. It's much too cold outside to put her close to her flock for companionship. If she can hang on another day it's supposed to warm up tomorrow a bit. Keep those prayers going and fingers crossed. She's fighting! I'm calling her Diana.
blood in they dropping is a sign of coccidiosis .
it is very risky not to feed a chicks medicated feed . I will no do that .
if you are not going to feed them medicated feed than you have to feed them a lot of boiled eggs and a lot of green .Apple cider Vinegar from day 21 after they hatch .

diana is fighting some internal parasites for sure .

chooks man

TheBajan

Songster
Mar 18, 2018
Davisburg, Michigan
if you are not going to feed them medicated feed than you have to feed them a lot of boiled eggs and a lot of green .Apple cider Vinegar from day 21 after they hatch .

chooks man
She's standing up!!!! I'm so happy to see her stand! I do give them ACV on a regular basis. Right now, it's just the medicated water with Corid. I'll ofer her some more eggs and see if she'll eat.

kcrandall

Crowing
Nov 16, 2015
North Central Texas

chooks man
I agree 100% with Chooksman! Medicated feed is the way to go until the baby chooks build up their immune systems.

TheBajan

Songster
Mar 18, 2018
Davisburg, Michigan
I agree 100% with Chooksman! Medicated feed is the way to go until the baby chooks build up their immune systems.
@chooksman @kcrandall
I will keep this in mind going forward. Thank you both for your advice. Little Diana continues to eat, drink and respond to my voice with chirping. I can't express how over the moon happy this makes me!

Chooks man

Free Ranging
Nov 12, 2015
Australia NSW
@chooksman @kcrandall
I will keep this in mind going forward. Thank you both for your advice. Little Diana continues to eat, drink and respond to my voice with chirping. I can't express how over the moon happy this makes me!
you welcome .
I ll explain some thing to you . the chicks come to us packed in fertile eggs.
the chicks when they hatch they are as healthy as they parents . so if they parent had a health problem ,than the chicks will get sick for sure .
if the parent stock are healthy ,they will give healthy chicks .

last breeding season I hatched 760 chicks ,half of these chicks come from my breeders chooks ,the other half come from different breeders .
chicks hatched from my stock ,very low mortality .some pairs I haven t lost any of they chicks . Day Walker X Unicorn .all they chicks still healthy and a live . did not loose one chick .
Ah chicks from other peoples is a different story . some line all the chicks died { birchen line over 90 chicks hatched none left all died .
other line I lost most of them , all sort of health problem .

most peoples do no prepare they breeders stock .they just collect eggs and sale them . very bad .

chooks man

RoosterML

Make Ameraucanas Great Again
Premium Feather Member
Nov 5, 2018
Tolland County Connecticut, USA
There are alternative choices. I do not feed medicated feed. The feed I use is Poulin Grain it has Yucca extract in it. Excellent feed! I have not had any issues.
37D6FFC0-692D-48AC-A69C-7B4C1F4F13EB.jpeg

Top Bottom