International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Chooks man

Free Ranging
Nov 12, 2015
Australia NSW
These are my 2 cockerels from line#2.

1: is having no tail yet making him look boxy?
View attachment 2348996 View attachment 2348997 View attachment 2348999 View attachment 2349000

2:
View attachment 2349001 View attachment 2349002

Not great pics but the best i can do for now. Im working outside taking pics when i can.
#1 is more colorful .#2 is more refine .
those 2 are not very slow feathering type .they are medium feathering type .mean they carry both genes the slow and the Early .

this cockerels will work well with pullets line #1 . pullets are long plus they have complete hackle marking and gorgeous copper .

chooks man

Chooks man

Free Ranging
Nov 12, 2015
Australia NSW

Chooks man

Free Ranging
Nov 12, 2015
Australia NSW
Awesome.
Build the house first......🙂
yes my friend .you need to focus on the body type and egg color first .don t get distracted by other traits .
I really see cockerel line 2 will work well with pullets line 1 .
pullets line 2 as too young to see they true quality .but Negan who will be breeding them has a stunning body color .correct body type .he will help .

that is your first breeding step . forming 2 breeding pens from 2 different lines . No sibling mating will be apply in this first part of the breeding . only out crossing the 2 lines .
2 trios is a best way to start .
keep it simple and efficient . step by step ,they say Rome was not build in one day .

chooks man

Chooks man

Free Ranging
Nov 12, 2015
Australia NSW
tomorrow will be going to the farm .
my design cages are ready and some of them are delivered to the old farm .
this cages will be used for single mating for now and will be used for other thing too later .
looking forward to see them .
they are made out of steel no timber . easy to keep them clean plus no places for bugs to hide .
chooks man

chickengr

Free Ranging
Dec 29, 2014
greece
tomorrow will be going to the farm .
my design cages are ready and some of them are delivered to the old farm .
this cages will be used for single mating for now and will be used for other thing too later .
looking forward to see them .
they are made out of steel no timber . easy to keep them clean plus no places for bugs to hide .
chooks man

pictures, please. I want to make some cages that I can move to my new place when the time comes. I also have problems with neighbors so I need to hide a few chickens. I am alowwed to have 30 only and I already got 35.

Chooks man

Free Ranging
Nov 12, 2015
Australia NSW
pictures, please. I want to make some cages that I can move to my new place when the time comes. I also have problems with neighbors so I need to hide a few chickens. I am alowwed to have 30 only and I already got 35.
I will have photos for you guys to see when I m back from the farm .
30 chooks that only what you can have? very bad .who is making this decisions ?

chooks man

Top Bottom