International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

If you have nice blue coppers that is a different situation. I have worked on blue coppers and just can't make any headway with them. I am throwing in the towel. If your blue coppers are good quality hang onto them. I need the pen space for Black coppers so it was something I've been thinking about doing all summer. I only raised blue copper cockerels this year, no pullets and I only have 2 hens left and plan on parting with them soon. All of my cull black and blue copper cockerels are being dispatched this evening. There are 8 total so far. One marbled eyed cockerel was a reprieve. His copper is nice so I'm going to let him hang out and watch him a little longer.
All my birds are hit and miss on Copper. Some have very nice copper and some not very much Copper. I have at least 3 Blue Copper pullets looking pretty good. I will try and get pictures.

Here is a couple pictures. Not very good pictures. First picture my favorite BC pullet so far.
20200930_151958.jpg 20200930_151927.jpg 20200930_152745.jpg 20200930_152446.jpg

I guess I held Black Jack too much. He is still my favorite. He is still in the pen with the the pullets. I haven't been able to get pens setup. Just way too buisy. The house repairs will start in a day or two. We took 2 large trees down 6 more to go. I actually took a couple minutes to get a few pictures and spend a few minutes with my birds this morning. Black Jack is red band and Ace is yellow. Sorry I have been so buisy. I have read all the posts but haven't had time to respond.

View attachment 2354632View attachment 2354633View attachment 2354640View attachment 2354644View attachment 2354647
View attachment 2354653View attachment 2354659

both cockerel are stunning .body type ,copper ,comb ,tail and a copper quality all gorgeous and correct .
I like both .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom