International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

thank you my dear friend .I was not expecting that at all . I don t even know how that work .how a person get Medal ?
I know marans and chooks genetic very well but not so much other stuff .

chooks man

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/byc-recognition-medals.1214207/page-91#post-23361250

every 3 months people nominate who they want to.

you deserve your medal. when you were missing for some time (a year or 2 ago) we were a bit lost. you help people save years of breeding.

that is great news .
hope all goes well .
chooks man

this is him. I have not seen even close to this one.

marans.jpg

I have always been heavy on the culling as they serve no purpose to me. I do not sell to others as all the culls are sold to the Asian market. I start culling day of hatch and time I see something I do not like. The days of raising 800-1000 to pick 100 are over as it is too expensive for me. The only Marans I have had for 6-8 year are BC Marans. I keep no project Marans.

tell me about it my friend .hatching 800 to 100 chicks is over for me .
I manage to breed a far alright marans this time . I just need to be wise in pairing them and hatching from them . this year 2020 no chicks at all for me nothing is paired .just start conditioning them for breeding today .
marans chooks have so many faults .very hard to find any thing good enough to work with .

chooks man

View attachment 2364529View attachment 2364530
broody hens and pullets . 2 or 3 by c

it is very cold in your area .your rooster comb need the heat lamp I don t think water will freeze .I could be wrong .
here in my place having a problem in Summer .the water get too hot .I m not there full time . so I need to take water straight from 45000 l tank , always cool .plus I don t have to fill it up .

chooks man
I am going to put up reptile lights that don't give off light. I put headlamps last year big mistake. Not sure that would be enough to keep water from freezing though. I seen where they use a 55 gallon drum and put piping and the chicken nipples. I would like to set something up like that.

I am going to put up reptile lights that don't give off light. I put headlamps last year big mistake. Not sure that would be enough to keep water from freezing though. I seen where they use a 55 gallon drum and put piping and the chicken nipples. I would like to set something up like that.

guess if you keep it inside the big water drum will not freeze . pipe and chooks nipple may freeze .
chooks man

Back
Top Bottom