Chooks man

Free Ranging
5 Years
Nov 12, 2015
Australia NSW
P1130755.JPG

Mambadale looking great .
he will be tested this winter breeding with =
Dark Angel BLC dark blue hen without any copper and . my best dark eggs layer . she has a very long back and stunning tail . that will help to produce some solid Blue and black with these treats .
Winx BLC dark blue hen without any copper ,heavy .long ,wide ,very long back like her sister DA , larger egg but not as darker .
Blueshiva BLC light blue hen with minimum copper , big and heavy ,correct body type and stunning tail .lovely head and comb . eggs color 5/4 .
plus 2 recessive white hens , both big ,heavy ,long back and stunning small tail , wheaten based hens . not dark eggs layer .
trying to produce solid black with a long flat back and short full tails . all the 5 hens I selected for him they have the best back and tails .all correct and heavy .
let see .

chooks man

Chooks man

Free Ranging
5 Years
Nov 12, 2015
Australia NSW
Day Walker looking great .over 2 years old in his prime . wish his hackle was a little darker . any way he produced darker hackle progeny ,that what mater to me . what he produce not how he look ,
proven as dominant sire for these traits = body type , head and comb . tail size and shape , chest depth . legs strength and width between them .
10 of daughter out of 30 lay dark eggs for good period .
he is penned with his daughters and few extra wheaten hens .
P1130769.JPG
P1130773.JPG

chooks man

chickengr

Free Ranging
6 Years
Dec 29, 2014
greece
My cuckoo roosters have red colouring on their shanks. Its been there for months. Its not blood, so I didn't investigate further, but I am curious. I will try and get a photo for an opinion. They are wary of my camera.

you remind me of myself when I got my first roos. I was woried too. I have been told that red has to do with hormones.

RoosterML

Make Ameraucanas Great Again
Premium Feather Member
Nov 5, 2018
Tolland County Connecticut, USA
Would you guys keep this hen or cull?Beautiful full hackle color BUT to me it is to light. More blonde then copper.
She is the one in the middle. I had both hens in the picture so you can see the difference in color. The one in front nice copper color.
the one in back more blonde.
55D5BF71-8E82-4E75-81D5-89F5BA218871.jpeg

Chooks man

Free Ranging
5 Years
Nov 12, 2015
Australia NSW
Would you guys keep this hen or cull?Beautiful full hackle color BUT to me it is to light. More blonde then copper.
She is the one in the middle. I had both hens in the picture so you can see the difference in color. The one in front nice copper color.
the one in back more blonde.
View attachment 2490880

she is not a keeper . all her sons will have a golden hues in they hackles
chooks man

Top Bottom