International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Beautiful sky there!!
Our sky has been hazy this past week from fires that are hours from here, can't help but wonder if people are ok... hopefully we will get enough rain to stop them sooner rather than later. It's been very dry.
What are those boxes with the pointy roofs?
Those are my Rooster pens. I keep all my roosters seperate except when breeding.

Those are my Rooster pens. I keep all my roosters seperate except when breeding.
I keep my roosters and cockerels together in one large pen.

Is there a benefit to separating them or is it just personal preference?

I see a lot of A-frames with roosters where I live but never thought to ask why. Barring the obvious fighting breeds...

I keep my roosters and cockerels together in one large pen.

Is there a benefit to separating them or is it just personal preference?

I see a lot of A-frames with roosters where I live but never thought to ask why. Barring the obvious fighting breeds...
Keeping them together is much better. You are doing it right. I do it this way for my own reasons. I process all my cockerels and only have two Cock birds.

Sorry stupid question but what if any difference between black copper's and French cooper's?

there is not any stupid question ,the only stupid thing is not to ask .
French Back copper is a original one from France with feathered legs .
you will find in England Black copper with clean legs ,there are English type .

chooks man

I might have 1 girl (unless she starts to crow, lol) that has copper hackles and cuckoo pattern, so she is a mix from bc hen and cuckoo roo.

she is a golden cuckoo her father is not pure silver cuckoo .I think he was a F1 dark cuckoo with one copy of silver and one copy gold .
if her sire was a silver cuckoo ,she will be silver cuckoo with some golden leakage .

you can breed her to a silver cuckoo rooster but he has to be pure silver ,other wise you will not be able to make a Silver Black { Birchen }

chooks man

she is a golden cuckoo her father is not pure silver cuckoo .I think he was a F1 dark cuckoo with one copy of silver and one copy gold .
if her sire was a silver cuckoo ,she will be silver cuckoo with some golden leakage .

you can breed her to a silver cuckoo rooster but he has to be pure silver ,other wise you will not be able to make a Silver Black { Birchen }

chooks man

her sire was pure silver cuckoo. I hope she is a girl. boys have huge combs and some girls have big combs but different shape from boys. I am still waiting for them to grow a bit more as there are a few late bloomers.

there is not any stupid question ,the only stupid thing is not to ask .
French Back copper is a original one from France with feathered legs .
you will find in England Black copper with clean legs ,there are English type .

chooks man

Agree.
This is how we learn. Ask as many questions as you want.
I do suggest you read this thread from page one all the way through if you are wanting to breed French Copper Marans.

Grab a notebook to take notes.

Everyone on this thread is here to help or ask questions of our own.
Very supportive.

her sire was pure silver cuckoo. I hope she is a girl. boys have huge combs and some girls have big combs but different shape from boys. I am still waiting for them to grow a bit more as there are a few late bloomers.

my friend I m telling you her father is not pure silver cuckoo .impossible ,genetic does not do mistake . any pure silver rooster over golden hens will produce silver pullets .sex linked .
if the rooster you used is pure silver than the pullet you are talking about is a boy .
shame you have not photos of her/him

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom