International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Line #2
There are 6 pullets a year old next month.
2 are broody with one sitting on eggs.

Each picture is a different pullet.

View attachment 2732630View attachment 2732631View attachment 2732632View attachment 2732633View attachment 2732634View attachment 2732635

I like the last one . best on hackle and comb . very hard to tell because they look roughed up .
you have plenty to select from to breed .
cockerels from line 3 will shorten the tails in the future progeny .
breed the last hen yellow tag to your cockerel the heavy one with black shoulder line 3 .they will produce a good cockerels . love her small comb .
chooks man

1624542557993.png

I like this hen too . love her stance and comb , she look balanced to me , light legs feathering .you need that .
mate her to dark cockerel line 3 .

chooks man

I like the last one . best on hackle and comb . very hard to tell because they look roughed up .
you have plenty to select from to breed .
cockerels from line 3 will shorten the tails in the future progeny .
breed the last hen yellow tag to your cockerel the heavy one with black shoulder line 3 .they will produce a good cockerels . love her small comb .
chooks man

I agree they are bad photos. I will take better when i have time.

The ones that look rough were Waylons favorites. Now that he is gone, their feathers should improve.

The one with the yellow tag is marked fast feathering. She has the best copper out of all of them. I will wait a month and then put her with that big cockerel. Hmmm. I need to name them both...

I love where I live. Now comes the fires!! I hate Fire!! TOM

Beautiful sky there!!
Our sky has been hazy this past week from fires that are hours from here, can't help but wonder if people are ok... hopefully we will get enough rain to stop them sooner rather than later. It's been very dry.
What are those boxes with the pointy roofs?

Back
Top Bottom