International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I will move tomorrow to my new place. no internet there so I will rarely be here to check the posts. I have to take care of lots of things before I find a solution for internet.
good luck with a move hope you will have a joyfull and safe move ,
the internet can wait ,hopping by the time you will fix the net you will have a lot photos of your new place ,
all the best my dear friend .
chooks man

Hi, Chooks man said that I should post some photos of my marans a while ago while responding to a question I had. Now they’re a bit bigger, I’ve got a few photos to share. Any comments are welcome, as this is my first time having them (besides one hen for eggs but she isn’t very good at all). They’re around fourteen weeks, so I appreciate that it’s still hard to tell for certain their quality as adults.View attachment 3346690View attachment 3346691View attachment 3346693View attachment 3346694View attachment 3346696Loki, my cockerel, I don’t think the photos do him justice but he seems to be coming along very nicely. His comb flops to the right at the moment but I’m hoping this improves.View attachment 3346701View attachment 3346706My Black copper pullet, probably the worst of the trio, has very yellow legs! Photos not as good but her body is nice and long.View attachment 3346705View attachment 3346704View attachment 3346703My blue copper pullet. I know blue isn’t a standard colour but she can still be used for breeding blacks. She’s always been the biggest pullet and always seems ahead of the others (I had another black one but she died to gapeworm). She has nice copper hackles and is reddening in the face. Already outgrown my silkies who which live with at the moment.
Thanks.
Update on Loki, lovely colours developing now, still got a wonky toenail though. Not asking about anything in particular, just showing his growth. Any comments welcome though.
43A73763-2803-4C26-84B1-4A27EB5C3D9B.jpeg

Update on Loki, lovely colours developing now, still got a wonky toenail though. Not asking about anything in particular, just showing his growth. Any comments welcome though.View attachment 3376056
nice to see the copper coloration coming through, long way from maturity . a good thing about him he is not overly melenized .
chooks man

Out of interest, what would happen to an overly Melenized bird? Does it just make it more difficult for copper to show?
Overly Melendez’s cockerel will have black shoulder and will produce black pullets.
Your cockerel is showing some copper around the shoulder area . He will be fine still has a lot growing to do . He will change a lot .
Chooks man

Back
Top Bottom