International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Post photos of the chicks so we can see what are you talking about.
Take photos of the ones you are thinking are good to keep . If the photos are good and taken from the proper angles I can tell you the ones you need to keep and the ones you need to get rid of . You don t need to keep some thing if it is not worth it.
I told you every thing I know about how to select chicks at the early age .
Chooks man
Yes. You have taught me everything about chick selection.
I have not looked them over since hatch. That was my next step on my list this week.
They are 6,7,8 weeks old now.

It's raining but hope it stops soon to get photos.

Post photos of the chicks so we can see what are you talking about.
Take photos of the ones you are thinking are good to keep . If the photos are good and taken from the proper angles I can tell you the ones you need to keep and the ones you need to get rid of . You don t need to keep some thing if it is not worth it.
I told you every thing I know about how to select chicks at the early age .
Chooks man
Please forgive me for the dark photos. They wanted to fly away while taking pictures outside.

This is "No Band". I need to place a wing band on him. He is one of the more colored cockerels in the bunch.

I am seeing several with darker eyes. This guys eyes are correct in the right lighting.

I like his sparse feathering on feet and shanks. There are a few that are over feathered in the brooder and in the adult pens. He seems a little floofy in the thighs but it could be from handling?
20230325_113230.jpg
20230325_113224.jpg
20230325_113239.jpg
20230325_113251.jpg
20230325_113328.jpg
20230325_113331.jpg
20230325_113336.jpg
20230325_113417.jpg
20230325_113437.jpg
20230325_113453.jpg
20230325_113704.jpg

Last edited:
This guy is stunning . Has all the traits I ll be looking for . He need feathering at the bottom part of his feet’s .
He is not over coloured has the right amount of copper for his age . We don t want a cockerels with a pure black chest at th Ed young age if they are from the cockerels line . Pullets line cockerels we prefer them to have a black chest .
He is a keeper for a later selection
Chooks man

Please forgive me for the dark photos. They wanted to fly away while taking pictures outside.

This is "No Band". I need to place a wing band on him. He is one of the more colored cockerels in the bunch.

I am seeing several with darker eyes. This guys eyes are correct in the right lighting.

I like his sparse feathering on feet and shanks. There are a few that are over feathered in the brooder and in the adult pens. He seems a little floofy in the thighs but it could be from handling?
This guy is good too but not as good as the other one . Agree with you on the fluffy thigh .
His back seem to be shorter compare to the other cockerel.
Love his stance and strait/ wide spaced feet’s .
Chooks nan

Back
Top Bottom