International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Its cold here too.. 22° F here right now so that's toasty compared to 9° where you are! I hate the cold. Im a creature of the spring.

On a very positive note, despite the cold my birds are laying decent. My old LA, pardon me, "line A" hens never fail to disappoint. Their eggs are a gigantic 72 to 75 grams!
You can call them anything you want. I simply meant one day we will be talking about your line like we talk about Little Peddler and you will need a fitting name! ;)

My chicks are in the awkward stage. No sense in taking pics right now
Aw, but the awkward stage is so adorable!
(I keep missing the notifications for this thread so apologies for dropping off so much..)
We had a bunch of snow this week and it got down to minus 8 only a few days after we moved the chickens out of the house and into their grow-out pen in the cow shed. They're about 2 months old now and we were a bit nervous about them in the cold but they dealt with it well. Not fans of the snow though! They also get upset when the wind ruffles up their feathers... :rolleyes:
20171213_192234.jpg 20171210_141153.jpg

Aw, but the awkward stage is so adorable!
(I keep missing the notifications for this thread so apologies for dropping off so much..)
We had a bunch of snow this week and it got down to minus 8 only a few days after we moved the chickens out of the house and into their grow-out pen in the cow shed. They're about 2 months old now and we were a bit nervous about them in the cold but they dealt with it well. Not fans of the snow though! They also get upset when the wind ruffles up their feathers... :rolleyes:
View attachment 1208592 View attachment 1208593

Okay you win..... Florida is a piece of cake compared to your weather. Lowest we got was 28. What a nice set up for them! Dealing with bad weather in luxury!

Back
Top Bottom