International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

This is not the same behavior as food pecking. I do have many chicks that do that. This is a much more aggressive peck, and the body posture of the chicks doing it is very different from those looking for food, both before and after the peck.

like my araucanas. I tamed them as much as I could. they are not my sweetest girls but I think I can work with them.

Very nice!

Thank you! I'm glad you think so. I posted his pictures on the Marans facebook group I am a member of and for the most part I got some really good feedback on him. Hearing positive feedback from some of the best Marans breeders I have grown to respect and look up to really encourages me in my breeding efforts. :)

There is so much about Marans that is a mystery. If things were cut and dryed we would all be producing #9 eggs.

I will look for it thank you. You can copy the http and past it in your post. I was looking at the show birds, many of us have show birds.

I agree Redbanks! Your birds would give some tough competition in a show. As long as a bird is bred to meet the standard and doesnt have any DQ's it could be a show bird. Even show Marans have flaws, not one of them are "perfect."

I agree Redbanks! Your birds would give some tough competition in a show. As long as a bird is bred to meet the standard and doesnt have any DQ's it could be a show bird. Even show Marans have flaws, not one of them are "perfect."
I was surprised at some of the birds I saw. We are way to hard on our birds. LOL I am getting ready for a huge rehoming. There are a lot of people asking for hens. I think I am going to rehome most of my original hens, for sure the ones with the bad tails. I don't need all these chickens. I am constantly giving away eggs. I want to have only my top birds in the yard.

I was surprised at some of the birds I saw. We are way to hard on our birds. LOL I am getting ready for a huge rehoming. There are a lot of people asking for hens. I think I am going to rehome most of my original hens, for sure the ones with the bad tails. I don't need all these chickens. I am constantly giving away eggs. I want to have only my top birds in the yard.

Back
Top Bottom