International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

I have a gorgeous cockerel, but I brlieve he has one too many points if I counted correctly.
View attachment 1194349

your cockerel comb has 6 points .and the second point is double .disqualify fault if you showing .
the back of his comb the lobe is not lifted enough from the head but still is not touching .good
the front of the comb is well nice .

chooks man

If I bred this cockerel...
20170927_174526.jpg
20171111_104544.jpg
20170927_174528.jpg

....to this pullet...
20170928_165044.jpg

(sorry about the bad pic)

What do you suppose I'll get out of the two? Yes, I know. It's hard to determine considering I don't know their genetic backgrounds.
Also, this is the pullet when she was about 18-20 weeks. She is now about 27 (and still not laying!!).

Any guesses?..

Chooks man said:
your cockerel comb has 6 points .and the second point is double .disqualify fault if you showing .
the back of his comb the lobe is not lifted enough from the head but still is not touching .good
the front of the comb is well nice .

chooks man
Thank you. Least he might be a breeder.

20171111_104529-jpg.1194349

@LilJoe
your cockerel has other quality . as important as the comb or more valuable .
his eyes and ears tuft are to die for .
his cockerel daughters will be colorful and will have gorgeous eyes and hackle .
the comb you need to mate him to a hen with a faultless comb or close that all .

I like his head and his wattle too small and around free from any folding .

chooks man

20171111_104529-jpg.1194349

@LilJoe
your cockerel has other quality . as important as the comb or more valuable .
his eyes and ears tuft are to die for .
his cockerel daughters will be colorful and will have gorgeous eyes and hackle .
the comb you need to mate him to a hen with a faultless comb or close that all .

I like his head and his wattle too small and around free from any folding .

chooks man
Thank you, @Chooks man .

I believe what's making his head and wattles to look small is the angle.
I will try to get more/better pictures of him tomorrow.
Thank you again!

If I bred this cockerel...
View attachment 1194352 View attachment 1194353 View attachment 1194354

....to this pullet...
View attachment 1194355
(sorry about the bad pic)

What do you suppose I'll get out of the two? Yes, I know. It's hard to determine considering I don't know their genetic backgrounds.
Also, this is the pullet when she was about 18-20 weeks. She is now about 27 (and still not laying!!).

Any guesses?..

body color expect well colored progeny if both are pure ( the luck of knowledge of they true back ground) .
progeny with a long back and nice tail .
mass I can not tell .I need to see the photos of the pullets ,new one 27 weeks of age .what her mass Kg/Ibl .her comb etc..........
progeny with a well colored eyes .

chooks man

body color expect well colored progeny if both are pure ( the luck of knowledge of they true back ground) .
progeny with a long back and nice tail .
mass I can not tell .I need to see the photos of the pullets ,new one 27 weeks of age .what her mass Kg/Ibl .her comb etc..........
progeny with a well colored eyes .

chooks man
I will get more pictures tomorrow morning and..... (honestly, how do you weigh them?)

Back
Top Bottom