International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

@Chooks man
Rudy does have a gold halo on his hackles. I think that is his biggest fault. I’ll find an old picture if I can.

@Old Man Tom
Yup, western side.
I think we aren’t going to be selling anything until we get the genes we want and don’t want singles out and taken care of. These pullets haven’t started laying yet either. They are first generation from Rudy, just starting to fix some faults from our previous hens. We don’t want to spread faulty birds that bring down the breed. If you would like to message me an email address we can contact you when the time comes that we do sell. Thank you though!

@Chooks man
Rudy does have a gold halo on his hackles. I think that is his biggest fault. I’ll find an old picture if I can.

@Old Man Tom
Yup, western side.
I think we aren’t going to be selling anything until we get the genes we want and don’t want singles out and taken care of. These pullets haven’t started laying yet either. They are first generation from Rudy, just starting to fix some faults from our previous hens. We don’t want to spread faulty birds that bring down the breed. If you would like to message me an email address we can contact you when the time comes that we do sell. Thank you though!

Ah one fault on the Old Rudy . straw type hackle is a easy fix . lock in the good stuff he has to offer and than start working on the hackle .
you do have Day Walker . he ll fix this problem and pass down his gorgeous copper to your future marans lines .

chooks man

I am seeing that bent comb on several of them.

the bent comb and the twisted front comb are different .both of traits are tolerated by the SOP at a certain degree . as long as not too gross .
twisted front comb we call it S comb
Bent comb should be bent only from the rear not all the comb like Leghorn chooks .

don t stress too much ,your chooks do have a good comb .just a little work and you ll done .
I have worked with some really gross comb . every thing could be fixed .

chooks man

The eggs the pullets came from:
E0B11B39-78ED-4477-980D-BE7EF69951F7.jpeg

Rudy with hackles:
This is the most recent
(The hen here was a cull)
CB1F9D89-C0EF-471E-A4FD-BB72AB473F93.jpeg

From June:
His gold seems to be getting brighter.
E0004950-5636-4A6A-A3C0-3141970A6948.jpeg

The eggs the pullets came from:View attachment 1596733

Rudy with hackles:
This is the most recent
(The hen here was a cull)
View attachment 1596732

From June:
His gold seems to be getting brighter.
View attachment 1596734

stunning eggs colors .

Rudy hackle is not that bad .just a lower part of it is looking golden ,good size flames .
all the other body marking are great .so it is a easy fix .

you hens are dark enough .they should correct the gold in the future generation .

chooks man

Back
Top Bottom