International Black Copper Marans Thread - Breeding to the SOP

Hello everyone, I am so glad to see the thread is still going strong. I have missed you all. I lost Antonio this week to a fox. I managed to run the fox off but Antonio could not recover from his injuries. He was such a great rooster. Big, kind, gentle. I will miss him.

View attachment 2124170

he lived long enough .did you have kept any of his son s ?
how you doing my dear friend .long time no hear from you .hope you and family and your animals are all good .
nice to hear from you .

chooks man

Thanks Marchick. I lose a hen from time to time but I was heartsick over Antonio. All are locked up for the time being. We are overrun with foxes. The coyote population must be down, they usually keep them in check. Both Gray and Red foxes.

sound very bad . just keep them looked tell you find ways .
my dogs killed a fox last Monday . they where very happy about it .

chooks man

we missed you RedBank .
how many BC you have now ?

chooks man
While I was sitting here typing on the thread the fox came again. My dog has learned the difference between panicked chicken sounds and the egg songs. He was running around the house, he wanted out. He chased another fox away. Good to hear from you Chooks man. I am so glad you are still here. I have 13 hens and one rooster, Antonio's son Julio. I actually wanted to ask for some advice. I am thinking about cutting back on the hens while they are in lockdown. My hens are smaller now. Is that because the flock has been closed since the beginning? I still have some of my older hens, they are still laying. I am not sure what to do. I don't have any glaring faults just the usual, oh except those terrible high tails. I need to start again, I would like to start again with these birds. Perhaps you will be able to decipher what I am trying to ask.

witch second BC hen you lost @marchick .
sorry for your loss.

chooks man
I lost both Lilly and Rose that I got last fall. Very bad! I only have the one longer tail BC pullet left. I did put a hand full of eggs from the pen with the original rooster and one of the hens in with him that lay that nice egg. I was hoping for a BC pullet. I don't know if that would help or not.

I lost both Lilly and Rose that I got last fall. Very bad! I only have the one longer tail BC pullet left. I did put a hand full of eggs from the pen with the original rooster and one of the hens in with him that lay that nice egg. I was hoping for a BC pullet. I don't know if that would help or not.
I am sorry you have lost your BC hens. Do you still have the Americaunas?

Back
Top Bottom